• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Captivate Draft - End of Life Announcement

Adobe Employee ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Captivate Draft app has reached end-of-life and will be no longer be supported from 19 July 2021. 

After 19 July 2021, this app will be removed from App Store. 

We recommend all users to immediately take backup up of any projects made on Captivate Draft to avoid losing them.

For more information, see Captivate Draft app for devices.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can understand to some extent why Adobe would be pulling this app.  I don't know a single Captivate developer that uses it.

However, I must say that I am disappointed Adobe didn't think about the possibility that it could have been used in conjunction with tablets that now support stylus or pencils (e.g. the Applie iPad) to quickly create sketched storyboards for Captivate.

When the app first came out I gave it a good workout on my iPad, but could not really see how it speeded up my design or development workflow at all.  It was far quicker for me to lay out slides on my laptop.

I can remember the advertising for this app, showing a very attractive model sitting in a park 'designing' her e-learning.  I've never been able to get permission from any of my clients to do my design work in the local botanical gardens.

I held out hope that maybe, just maybe, there were some creative souls inside the Adobe Captivate design team that also had Apple devices with Apple pencils, and the thought may have occurred to them that it would be great to have the ability to draw storyboard graphics on the iPad and have those graphics then seamlessly integrate as background graphic on Captivate slides.  That would have really improved my workflow.

But alas, now we know the answer...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh no. This is so sad! I showed a demo on using Captivate Draft one year at the Adobe Learning Summit on 10 Hacks with Captivate & the Creative Cloud. I thought it was pretty cool. I was able to easily get my thoughts down, which as a creative always happens, you want to write it down, or play it, or create the vision before you lose it. I found it so fast to create a few screens, add a header, and then BOOM... my Captivate file was waiting for me and ready to go when I got to my computer. It was a nice, easy, fast start. Sort of like what Rush is to Adobe Premiere.  But the downfall, you also needed and iPad. 

Oh well. Can we swipe out for Creative Cloud Libraries? I love Creative Cloud libraries, so useful! Captivate could take advantage of it the MOST since its a multimedia app  so it needs images from Photoshop, logos from Illustrator, videos from Premiere, quality Audio from Adobe Audition, animated characters from Character Animator....  if this was my product... that is the FIRST thing I would do. Second would be to change the interface so we have panels like that of every other adobe application, and of course give Captivate the ability to import transparent WebM videos or dynamic linking from Character Animator!

You're Adobe.. take advantage of being Adobe!

Consulting | Design | Motion | Training>headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting<br />Consulting | Design | Development | Training

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too, gave this app a try when it first came out. At the time, I only used it to show/send a VERY rough layout to someone. Is there something else planned to replace it (but better and more useful)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2021 Jun 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Time is important, particularly on the off chance that you end up being an eLearning master who needs to make stunning web based preparing encounters instantly. This is the reason it's fundamental to pick a composing device that deals with each progression of the cycle, like Adobe Captivate Draft. In this article, I'll investigate how Adobe Captivate Draft can take you from storyboarding to eLearning following and past.

Wisereviews.com.au

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 05, 2021 Jun 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hafiz,

I think you may have missed the announcement earlier in this thread that Adobe is no longer supporting the Adobe Captivate Draft app.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I doubt that anyone has used it really for production, I found it as a useless app so did not even install it. I believe this is the reason that it is pulled out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think it was used, but.... only if you have an iPad. And I feel like most Captivate users are on a PC, and therefore many of them might not even have tablets at all. And I guess it would be true that Captivate isnt really used for FUN, its for larger companies creating course content, so they arent sitting by the pool with their iPad thinking about their next project! ha

Consulting | Design | Motion | Training>headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting<br />Consulting | Design | Development | Training

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources