• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Captivate locking state view custom smart shapes

New Here ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was working on my project this morning and it started locking the boxes (smart shapes) so I cannot change size, language or anything.  Earlier today I was making state view boxes with no issues.  I am trying to figure out how to get this fixed because I like using the state views for my responsive projects.  It signed me out as well without warning.  I am not sure what is going on but for weeks this was working fine.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It can be either corruption of the project, or corruption in the application, or corruption of the used theme.

To solve the second one, try cleaning the Preferences. Find the subfolder 'utils' under the installation folder and run 'CleanPreferences....' appropriate for your OS. Captivate needs to be closed. Try reopening Captivate and see if the problem is solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!  I contacted my IT department because all of the tricks did not do anything.  The project must have corrupted while I was working on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the project itself is corrupted, create a new project (same size, type and using same theme). Copy/paste slide by slide to that new project. Check continuously if everything is OK. That way you could detect the culprit slide(s) and objects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did a new presentation with totally new slides and still got the same issue.  Something is definitely amiss.  My IT department and I both tried to close Captivate out, clear cache, and restart whole program and nothing worked so he elevated to higher level of IT.  Thanks for trying!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Since this points at Captivate being corrupted, did you try my first suggestion to Clean the Preferences, please? 

More in:

https://blog.lilybiri.com/tips-for-troubleshooting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources