Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Captivate Popup Question

New Here ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am new to captivate and just downloaded a template. On that template is an IconButton that brings up a textbox with more information when you click it in presentation. I am having trouble finding that text box in the editor, I am thinking about the Flip Cards Layout the Grids with Popup Layout and the Icon-Buttons Layout. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

I suspect you are talking about a Quick Start Project, or one of the slides of such a project. Those slides are also indicated as Ready-to-go slides and available only in version 11.5 of Captivate?  This seems like a 'lecture' but a 'template file' in Captivate is a cptl file and is used in a different way. Moreover Captivate has never packaged cptl-files, only themes.

It always helps if you tell which exact version you are using (find full number under Help, About Captivate) and on which OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect you are talking about a Quick Start Project, or one of the slides of such a project. Those slides are also indicated as Ready-to-go slides and available only in version 11.5 of Captivate?  This seems like a 'lecture' but a 'template file' in Captivate is a cptl file and is used in a different way. Moreover Captivate has never packaged cptl-files, only themes.

It always helps if you tell which exact version you are using (find full number under Help, About Captivate) and on which OS. If my guess is correct, it also helps if you indicate the name of the Quick Start Project you are using, and the slide number/label of the slide which causes you issues. There are multiple projects with FlipCards. Please!

I can only point you now to a blog I wrote:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/editing-ready-to-go-slides-quick-start-projects-part-1-text-and-images

The second part is about the interactions, which may be your next question.

The Flip Cards are always created as multistate objects, that is another tip I can offer. You'll find its meaning in the blog for which I posted a link. To edit the description which is in another state, you need to find the multistate object on the timeline and select it. Then use the Object State panel, by clicking the button 'State View' in the Properties panel for the multistate object.

When you give me the exact details of the slides and their QSP, could give more explicit explanations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! You're correct, in the Timeline I was able to find the Object
that contained each state of the popup. Then I clicked State View and was
able to see and edit each popup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great! For future users with a similar issue, can you please mark the appropriate answer as being correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources