Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Captivate Responsive resizing for a video

Explorer ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

For Adobe captivate responsive project. While inserting a video inside the fluid box the video resizes on all four sides. 

In my project, there is a scenario where only the left and the right side of the video should resize instead of resizing on all four sides. Is that possible?

If there is a file with such an example please share it would be helpful.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am I understanding you correctly that you DO NOT want to preserve the video's aspect ratio (Height to Width ratio) but instead want to have the video distort, eg squash down or squash sideways?

On mobile devices videos will always usually play full screen while still preserving aspect ratio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure to understand completely and for that reason my answer may be off topic. Do you mean something like I explained in this blog post:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/fluid-boxes-and-interactive-video-position-properties-panel

It is also valid for a non interactive video inserted as slide video. In a fluid box only event video is allowed and there is very little control over that type of video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think you want to leave the video unlocked from any fluid boxes and apply the following settings in your Position panel. Select the check box for Align center horizontally on the slide and change the Width and Height to pixels. For example, in a project that is 1024 x 627, I changed a video to pixels and I got 1024 for the width and 566 for the height. Previewing this in HTML5 would show only the center part of the video on smartphones in portrait view.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources