• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Presenter failed to open because either it is not licensed or there is an error.. Help!

Mar 18, 2011 Mar 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using registered version of Adobe Presenter ( I have a serial number) for some time. Now I receive the following error message:

"Adobe Presenter failed to open because either it is not licensed or there is an error in the licensing system. Please close and re-launch PowerPoint and enter

serial number to license it. If this problem persists, reinstall this product and try again."

The registration page pops up but just briefly--too fast to click the accept/decline buttons. I have tried deleting the Office and Adobe preference files under User as well as uninstalling/reinstalling but the error message persists making presenter unusable. I also tried to install just a a trial version but also receive the same error message.

System is Win 7. As I said I have been using it for over a year successfully.

What can I do to fix this?

Thanks...Dave

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 133 Replies 133
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2011 Apr 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do not change anything in the registry entries as I did not. The one machine here on campus that did change his registry, we put back to the original.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.

Running Windows 7 Professional (64-bit) with PowerPoint 2007 (32-bit). It worked previously on my laptop when I was running 32-bit version. But, moved to 64-bit due to application requirements (needed to be able to access more memory).  The software works on my desktop (Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit) but not on my laptop.  Could it be the difference between Professional and Home Premium?

Adobe told me they would not help me since I am running 64-bit OS and Presenter is not certified on that. This answer came after 6+ hours (over a few days) of talking to many different support technicians.

Not good for us. We rely on Presenter to create content for our meetings in Connect Pro. With it not working, we may be forced to re-evaluate using Connect Pro.

Presenter makes it easy to create the type of content we want. We had no problems with any of this until March of this year.

Sadly, Adobe is not investing in Presenter. It would not surprise me if they are getting ready to drop it all together.

The latest eLearning Suite has the same version 7 as the Suite we purchased 2 years ago. I have uninstalled / reinstalled.

Please figure out an answer (anyone???).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that before we throw Adobe Connect Pro under the bus there are a couple of points that should be made.

First of all, we're talking about Presenter here, are we not?  Not Adobe Connect Pro virtual meetings, right?  They are two different things that reside on the same platform.

I am running Adobe Connect meetings on my Windows 7 32-bit machine.  It is the same machine that Chris, my colleague, was working on.  I also recorded a test presentation using Adobe Presenter after she was done doing what she has described, and it all worked, seamlessly.

There IS a solution.

I think that what Adobe needs to do is:

1. Define the problem.
  2. Design a solution.
  3. Test the solution.
  4. Bulletproof it on 32 bit machines and 64 bit machines.
  5. Roll the solution out.

I'm sure this is easier said than done.  The reason for me posting this message is simply to suggest that while this may be a huge bug for Adobe to fix, it is fixable.  But as I said in an earlier message in this thread; Adobe CANNOT ALLOW THIS TO LANGUISH.  Our users at my shop are faculty, and faculty are fickle technology users.  If there is no fix to this, they will abandon it and move on.

Lastly, I just want to say is that there some pretty smart guys at Adobe who are good at what they do.  Now they've got to prove it again.

Glen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 17, 2011 Apr 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi FU_Paladin

I am the QA manager for Adobe Presenter and am looking at the issue you are facing. In this regard, can you provide some additional detail of the issue you are facing:

- Is Presenter part of your ELS2 suite or a stand alone purchase?

- What is the behavior you observe after installation?

- Have you executed the Office2010_els2 patch while installing?

- would you be able to make a registry change similar to the one that the Office2010_els2 patch makes in order to overcome the issue?

You may respond to me directly at ntewary@adobe.com

thanks

Nirupam Tewary

Adobe Systems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 18, 2011 Apr 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will be out of the office starting 15/04/2011 and will not return until

16/05/2011.

I will be out of the office on annual leave and will have no access to my

emails. If your matter is urgent then please contact my colleagues Carmen

Shields or Sonia Savage. Alternatively I will deal with your query on my

return.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe Presenter users,

It seems that there is somewhat of a mix-up in this thread. There are 2 issues being discussed -

1. Presenter 7 is installed and licensed but when you access it inside PowerPoint, it throws the message that it is not licensed and does not let you proceed. This thread is for this particular issue only. There is a bug report in the Adobe bug database for this issue as well and is being actively looked into.

2. Installation fails or installation completes but Presenter does not appear inside PowerPoint. This issue mostly seen on 64 bit machines and it is for this issue that certain registry changes are being suggested. The thread for that issue is http://forums.adobe.com/message/3608585#3608585.

Thank you for using Adobe software and reporting the issues. We are confident of identifying appropriate resolution to both issues soon.

Nirupam Tewary

Quality Manager, Adobe Systems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2011 Apr 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

will this error take much longer to fix?

my Presenter backlog is increasing and I have no other alternative...

please Adobe make it work, for some of us this is our primary job role

and this failure is a disaster!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a bit dissapointed not hearing from Adobe on this. In the meantime I have done a bit of hacking.

This is how I got around the problem were 'Presenter 7' brings up the EULA page for too short a moment to be able to accept it, and then thinks it was declined, and subsequently shows an error saying: "Adobe Presenter failed to open because either it is not licensed or there is an error".

So I hacked the EULA html file (see below)

After installation of Presenter 7, replace the content of the file

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Presenter 7\adobe_epic\eula\install.html

with the following content, where the line in bold is the important one

================================================================
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html>
<head>
<title>License Agreement</title>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
<link href="./../default.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
<script language="javascript" src="./../domutils.js"></script>
<script language="javascript" src="./../wizardcore.js"></script>
</head>

<body onload="doAccept()" background="./../background.png">

</body>
</html>

This will accept the EULA automatically and enables you to work afterwards.

This is not a fix, but a work around.

This worked for me and I do not accept any responsability. Obviously Adobe also thinks you are on your own.

rg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the hack. It got me working again until the issue is resolved by Adobe. It may also serve as a good clue for Adobe to investigate as part of fixing the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2011 Apr 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yup cheers...

got me going again thank god

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

16/05/2011.

return.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

16/05/2011.

return.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 21, 2011 Apr 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RG,

Thanks for the attempt, but no dice on my end. In fact, I had to create the index.html file from scratch. It was not in the EULA folder.

Brad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brad and everyone,

Finally it comes to be an issue with IE9. A pre-accepted EULA works fine, but if the product is installed after IE9 has been installed, the Javascript is unable to execute and hence the EULA is not visible.

So whoever is having this issue, they may need to revert back to IE8 to get Adobe Presenter in action again. Finally mine is live again.

Thanks,

Ravi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RAVI!

You're brilliant! That's it! How did you guys figure that out?

1. Uninstall IE9 http://isc.sans.edu/diary.html?storyid=10555
  2. Restart.
  3. Open Powerpoint.
  4. Launch an Presenter function.
  5. Accept EULA.
  6. Get workin'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

16/05/2011.

return.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 25, 2011 Apr 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstalling IE9 worked for me as well!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 25, 2011 Apr 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

16/05/2011.

return.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2011 May 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this seriously the fix, to uninstall IE9? My issue is slightly different in that I am trying to do the 30 day trial but getting the same response as in this thread - yet if the solution to even test it is to go through the pain of playing with IE installs, I think I'd rather stay with Articulate. What am I missing here? Oh, and I'm on Win 7 64-bit Home Premium, no SP1, PPT 2007. And IE isn't my default browser, Chrome (11.0.696.65) is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As strange as it seems the uninstall IE 9 "fix" does fix it. At least for me and as far as I know others too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

Yes, that seems to have solved my nuance of this issue as well - still can't see why that would be the problem but I'm not gonna hold my breath for Adobe or Microsoft to address whoever is more at fault....

jesse

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

16/05/2011.

return.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 28, 2011 Apr 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone had a problem with spontaneous rebooting in Windows 7 since applying this hack?

My computer started randomly rebooting itself two days ago, and I'm trying to pinpoint the cause.

Thanks,

-Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2011 May 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul,

Which hack are you talking about? Can you please elaborate?

Thanks,

Ravi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 04, 2011 May 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ravi,

I used Rene-q's hack:

So I hacked the EULA html file (see below)

After installation of Presenter 7, replace the content of the file

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Presenter 7\adobe_epic\eula\install.html

with the following content, where the line in bold is the important one

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html>
<head>
<title>License Agreement</title>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
<link href="./../default.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
<script language="javascript" src="./../domutils.js"></script>
<script language="javascript" src="./../wizardcore.js"></script>
</head>

<body onload="doAccept()" background="./../background.png">

</body>
</html>

My computer is now in the shop, confounding my computer expert, as it continues to randomly turn itself on and off.  The good news is that the laptop I installed the program on is NOT showing the same symptoms.  I think it is probably something else.

-Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources