Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Typekit Fonts not Working when Published

Explorer ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

I am publishing a piece of responsive eLearning using a Typekit font 'Runda' and 'Nimbus Sans'.

When I upload it, the Typekit fonts disappear and the project reverts back to Times New Roman.

I'm entering the appropriate domains on publish.

What could I be doing wrong here?

typekit-dropoff.PNG

This is my eLearning hosted on reviewmyelearning.com - the font has dropped off and is displaying as Times New Roman.

typekit-font.png

This is the eLearning within the Adobe Captivate program - I have under 10 type kit fonts with my free plan, which is under the quota.

typekit-publish.PNG

Here is my publish screen. Enter in 'Typekit Domains', I have included : localhost, *reviewmyelearning.com, www.reviewmyelearning.com, reviewmyelearning.com, https://reviewmyelearning.com/

(I just entered all of the variations that I could think of - in case!)

I'm new with using Typekit, any help would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 11, 2023 Jan 11, 2023

Update - there was a bug with the newest update that means typekit wasnt working with responsive projects. Adobe have fixed this and sent me a new download link which has resolved the problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is just sort of intution. Only Adobe can give you an answer, I'm just a user. Can you contact them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did that this afternoon and after a huge, more than 5 hours long conversation we realized that the different account IS actually an issue. At first, I thought it's impossible because you can actually use the fonts in any other authoring tool or software that supports Adobe Fonts, no matter about the login details, emails, subscriptions etc except in their own authoring tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My intuition proved correct (again) 🙂

The other applications are all part of the CC, not Captivate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but you can use adobe fonts in other different software that supports Adobe Fonts, so I assume other authoring tools that supports adobe fonts can use the font no matter the account?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For Adobe applications everything is linked to the Adobe ID (subscription). That is for sure not the case for other software. The fact that you need to have the CC app open when using fonts in Captivate looks to be the origin: it needs to verify if you are entitled to Adobe fonts. The CC app will be linked with another ID.

Understand your frustration, Adobe is not very user friendly...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources