• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Advance Actions Help

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm very new to Captivate and I'm trying to figure somethings out. 

I currently have a slide with 9 buttons that take you to 9 different quiz questions. Once all the questions have been visited I would like a continue button to appear on the original slide. The only info I can find on how to do this involves using multistates and I haven't ran across a way to make a quiz question a multistate. 

Can this even be done and if so what am I missing?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Strange way to create a quiz that way, but will try to answer your question. It may be overwhelming for a new Captivate user, would recommend to start with creating a simple quiz, not one with a Forced view dashboard slide.

You will need:

1.  9 tracking variables, one for each of the buttons; will label them v_1, v_2..... v_9. Their start value = 0. Add another one called 'v_counter' also start value 0
  2. For the buttons you'll have to replace the Jump to slide, by an advanced  - or better a shared

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange way to create a quiz that way, but will try to answer your question. It may be overwhelming for a new Captivate user, would recommend to start with creating a simple quiz, not one with a Forced view dashboard slide.

You will need:

1.  9 tracking variables, one for each of the buttons; will label them v_1, v_2..... v_9. Their start value = 0. Add another one called 'v_counter' also start value 0
  2. For the buttons you'll have to replace the Jump to slide, by an advanced  - or better a shared - action. There are multiple ways but it will be something like this:
         First decision tab 'Always'    non conditional
             Jump to slide....           indicate the question slide
             Increment v_x             the variable associated with this button
         Second decision tab 'Counter'     conditional
            IF v_1 is equal to 1
                 Increment v_counter

If you create this as a shared action, you will have two parameters:
      v_1    needs to become a parameter since it needs to be changed on each assignment of the action

slide....     the question slide

If you don't want a shared action, you would need to duplicate the advanced action to end up with 9 different advanced actions.

Assign those actions to the Success event of the buttons.

For the appearance of the Continue button, you'll need another advanced action, to be triggered by the On Enter event of that dashboard slide. That one will have only one conditional decision:

IF v_counter is equal to 9

Show Continue button

ELSE

Hide Continue button

I really wonder why you want to have such a setup for quiz slides?

BTW I will coach a workshop about advanced and shared actions on 23rd of September, in the Adobe eLearning World conference. Registration is free...

Some links to blog posts:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/tips-and-tricks-advanced-to-shared-action-intermediate

http://blog.lilybiri.com/advanced-actions-dialog-box-in-captivate-2017

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, so much! That is exactly what I needed! 

I'm creating a game set up with quiz questions to total up the points. I wanted the student to come back to the slide to select the next number they wish to select on their own and prevent forced navigation to each question one by one. 

There might have been an easier way to do it that I haven't ran across, yet. Like I said, still very new. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome! Captivate has so many features, and it takes some time to explore them, understood.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources