• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Any way to remove or hide the "x" button for closed captions?

Explorer ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a project with a clean blue slate caption background and white text closed captions.  The "x" button to close the CC box looks bad on the blue background and it's really redundant since there is a CC button to toggle anyway.  Does anyone know of a solution for removing or hiding that little "x" button?  I have used JS options to modify the functionality of certain elements in many projects, but I suspect this would be more of a template based or CSS related issue.  I've searched edges of the internet for a solution but have yet to find one.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Jayson

screenCap.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

copy and paste the following code into the CPLibraryAll.css file when you publish your course. Be sure to open the file in either notepad or Dreamweaver.

#ccClose{display:none}

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, 30 views and no responses.  I guess that's my cue that this is not possible lol.

Thanks for reading, anyway!

Jayson

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

copy and paste the following code into the CPLibraryAll.css file when you publish your course. Be sure to open the file in either notepad or Dreamweaver.

#ccClose{display:none}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!  I had given up on it.  I knew it was through the CSS but I couldn't find the right JS function to remove the CSS entry in advanced actions.  I guess I should have just gone for the CSS file itself.  This is very helpful, thanks again!

Jayson

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent!  Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another work around way to visibly remove the button is to publish to html5 then in the "assets folder > htmlimages folder > ccClose.png" simply remove the ccClose.png from the published folder. This area still stays hot for the mouse but the "graphic x" is removed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's better to just programatically get rid of the ccClose button rather than just hide the visual indicator. I like to take an Occam's Razor view of elearning development. Less is more. Don't clutter up the space, make things simplistic. One less thing that the user needs to load on the screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is an old thread, but I just found a better way of solving this.

Paul Wilson has a youtube clip where he shows how you can show and hide playbar elements using javascript (Use JavaScript to Manipulate the Adobe Captivate Playbar - YouTube). He doesn't play with this particular setting, but he does directly affect the CSS in runtime ... which is exactly what you were looking to do. As was I. I just didn't want to have to make changes to the SCORM-package after export.

So ... Execute a script, or an advanced action with a javascript, on enter for the slide and add this line to it: 

$("#" + "ccClose").css("visibility", "hidden");

It sets the visibility of the ccClose-object (the pesky X-button) to hidden.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources