Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Automatc transitions between 2 slides

Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody,

I'm working on a project that I haven't created and which was done with flash player. I've converted it with HTML5, resized it as well, and divided it into small parts (3 to 5 slides each project).

Everthing is ok, apart from 2 projects in which the transition between 2 specific slides is automatic although it should be by clicking on a button.

I've checked all what I could check (property of the 2 concerned slides, no action when closing selected), but I can't find why the transition is automatic..

Could you please tell me at least where I should look for the answer? I'm sure there's a little bix which should not be ticked but I can't find it!

Thank you for your help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

French is my second language, English third language. That is not a problem.

As far as I can see, the button has no pausing point at all. Select the button, go to Timing Properties panel and check if 'Pause after...' is checked. If not, check it, probably it will be set to pause after 1.5secs which woudl be possible since the button timeline seems to be about 3 secs. 

If you are new to Captivate, please read the blog post about pausing the Timeline, it could save you a lot of time cleaning up pr

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Slide transitions within Captivate are located on the TIMING PROPERTIES window i.e.

Untitled.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you @astro ! I've checked this point, and "no transition"is selected.

So... that's not the point...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Slide transitions will not appear on mobile devices (reason they are reported by the HTML tracker), but from your question I suspect you are not talking about those slide transitions but about a problem with the Timeline of that troublesome slide.

Is it possible to show a screenshot of the timeline and of the setup of the 'button' (Actions tab of its Properties panel) you are talking about? A button with its default setup is pausing the slide. Learn more about pausing Captivate's timeline in:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/pausing-captivates-timeline

There may be multiple possibilities for your situations, will not try to list them up.

It is possible that the 'button' is on the slide itself, on the master slide or even timed for the rest of the project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you @Lilybiri !

As far as I understand your answer, the problem could come from the timeline? I've tried different things with the timeline, the properties of objects, and I've found nothing.

What kind of screenshots would you need to have a more precise idea of my problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Complete timeline (horizontally and vertically) of that slide, button selected.

Properties panel of the button, Actions tab.

Check also the Advanced Interactions view of the slide (F9): do you have other actions on that slide, linked to slide events or other interactive objects?

Slide transitions are just PPT-like styling, have nothing to do with automatic moving forward to another slide if you have a button with a pausing point. @Astro The Goat  probably focussed on the title, and it is confusing due to the used terminology 'transition'.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a screenshot of the first slide. The transition between the next slide should be only by clicking on the red button at the end of the audio.

ChristineFro_0-1648207828340.png

And here is the next slide

ChristineFro_1-1648207864865.png

Everything is in French, and the main difficulty for me is that I haven't created the project, and I'm not very comfortable with Captivate.

Hope it'll be more clear now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

French is my second language, English third language. That is not a problem.

As far as I can see, the button has no pausing point at all. Select the button, go to Timing Properties panel and check if 'Pause after...' is checked. If not, check it, probably it will be set to pause after 1.5secs which woudl be possible since the button timeline seems to be about 3 secs. 

If you are new to Captivate, please read the blog post about pausing the Timeline, it could save you a lot of time cleaning up projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!

I've read the pausing point article, tried on my project... and it worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome, glad you find the solution. That blog is rather popular, 20K views not bad at all..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Slides will automatically transition to the next slide in Adobe Captivate unlike other applications like PowerPoint. To make sure that they stay on the present slide be sure your interactive objects (like buttons) have a pause applied at the appropriate point on the timeline. I try to make sure my pause point is located after any animations would appear. 

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources