Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bulk/Batch import text

Explorer ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Had a search but couldn't find an answer to this one.

I'm working with a client who has over 300 existing scorm files to be updated in Captivate. I, of course, do not have the original source files. Is there anyway to extract the text content and import into a new Captivate template?

As a backup is there anyway to bulk import text from another format such as xml? I realise you can export, make necessary changes and reimport, but as these modules are varied in length and content it would need to be able to import and generate text captions and slides automatically.

Many thanks,

Alistair 

TOPICS
Advanced , Import export , Project upgrade

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without the original CPTX project files, I'm afraid you are likely out of luck. If these courses were published many years ago, they likely are SWF-based eLearning courses, which means that the text was converted to a series of images embedded in a SWF file. Even if the projects were non-responsive but published as HTML5, the text would still be converted to images. Responsive design is the only format that could have the original text intact, but I know no way to bulk extract it. You would find the actual text in the CPM.js file, but this is a compressed JavaScript file, and it wouldn't be well organized. 

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your reply. To be honest I think I expected this kind of answer! At this stage I'm not sure if they are swf or html5 but I had hoped that the html5 format might have saved me here. It appears not!

Appreciate the detail regardless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
No problem. Sorry there wasn't a better answer.
Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources