• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cache files

Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you delete cache files without affecting the actual captivate files. I have read that the captivate files need to be closed if you are doing this. 

However I also read that if they are in the same folder it may delete your captivate files.

My C: drive is struggling so i need to free up some space urgently and removing the cache files would help enormously. 

many thanks 

Cathy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate CPTX files should NEVER be in the same folder location that you publish output.  Output can be in a sub-folder but not the other way round.  The cache folders are located at the Default Location shown in your Preferences in Captivate and it should always be a folder somewhere on your local hard drive.  I have a Captivate folder at the root C drive level.  And inside that folder I have separate folders for Project Cache and Project Publish.  The actual CPTX files are somewhere else entirely again (on the local drive) usually in folders that relate to which course they belong to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. have created a separate file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Supplementary tips to Rod's answer.

I also have systems with a limited C-drive and a much larger D-drive (mostly combi of SSD and HD). It is not compulsory to have the cache folder on the C-drive. Look at the set up on this laptop, from Preferences:

cache.PNG

You see that I even use the D-drive to store the projects (which is the same folder as 'Publish at') but a different folder for the Cache.

The Clear Cache button which is also visible, will clear the cache of all files EXCEPT for the open files. This means that you could 'protect' the cache of recent files by opening them before using this button.

There is an AIR application 'dcache' which allows you to clear the cache selectively, but the previous link is not functional anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources