• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 12.3 - SCORM/HTML Not Uploading to LMS/SCORM Cloud

Explorer ,
Apr 10, 2024 Apr 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a project in the new Captivate - 12.3.0.12 and I am able to publish as HTML with the reporting settings on for SCORM. 

I try uploading it to SCORM Cloud to test it and it won't upload. It just spins and spins. When I try uploading it to my LMS, same...it just times out or keeps spinning for eternity. 

I have other SCORM Files that I can upload and they go in with no issue. It appears to be the ones from this newest version, but we can't figure out why.
I have tried publishing as 1.2 and 2004 and get the same results with both. All the projects preview just fine. 

I have been on with support and I have uninstalled, reinstalled - created a new project with just one slide and published that as SCORM and still, it won't upload. 

Is anyone else seeing this issue or have any suggestions?

Captivate 12.3.0.12 on a Mac Sonoma 14.4.1

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There may be something in your project that is causing this issue.  It isn't necessarily the fault of Captivate's SCORM drivers.  So the first thing to do is to eliminate the possibility that you have added something to the project that is causing the issue.

My suggestion is to open a new blank project in Captivate 12, add a couple of basic quiz questions (e.g. a True/False and a Multi-choice), then publish to SCORM 1.2 or 2004 and upload to both SCORM Cloud and your own LMS to test whether the project loads and is able to register a quiz result.

If that test is successful, then you can be fairly confident the issue will be somewhere in your current problem project and your job becomes to track the issue down slide by slide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have opened a brand new project, inserted a single text object on one slide, and then saved and published and still the same result. 

It doesn't seem to matter....anything I publish in 12.3.0.12 just spins and spins when I try to upload it to SCORM Cloud (my LMS doesn't try that long and just closes out and says nope, not doing it.) I don't get any errors, it just won't upload. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try to clean the Preferences? I suspect you haven't done that when installing this update, I also had very weird situations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exactly do you mean cleaning preferences?

Support had me delete some folders, uninstall, reinstall and run some kind of script that might be what you mean. I did all of that and still no luck.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a subfolder 'utils' in the installation folder. Find the CleanPreferences... file appropriate for your OS. Close Captivate and run that file. Check also the Cache folder, it may have become huge. You can clear it from the Preferences in Captivate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. That was what support had me do as well, minus the cache part. I tried it all again, including clearing the cache within Captivate and still no luck with uploading anything it is publishing in 12.3. 

I just opened Captivate 19, created a one slide file with just text on it, published and it uploaded right away to SCORM Cloud. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am very sorry,  have not yet uploaded a project created in this version. I cannot use it at all for my professional jobs because it is much too limited and my clients do not want responsive projects. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestions!

I am finding the same with the new version....I haven't been able to use it for anything yet either...I end up having to go back to C-19 to accomplish what I need for a project. 
This was supposed to just be a quick and simple little practice interaction for user training..just 5 slides....and it is looking like I am going to have to go back to C-19 and recreate it all there in order to get it to work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is CP2019 but that global name covers three very different main releases: 11.0, 11.5 (where 11.5.5.553 is the most stable version ever) and 11.8 (now labeled Captivate Classic and buggy).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources