• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate (2019 release) on macOS Big Sur (macOS 11)

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 15, 2020 Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: We've released an early build for Big Sur that fixes the issues that Captivate users are facing. For more details, read this post

Does Captivate work on Big Sur?

Adobe Captivate (2019 release) is NOT COMPATIBLE with Big Sur.

If you launch Captivate (2019 release) on macOS Big Sur (macOS 11), the project editor becomes unusable.

We are working on making Captivate (2019 release) to be compatible with Big Sur. 

Meanwhile, you can review the current system requirements for Captivate.

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 158 Replies 158
Participant ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My latest chat with Adobe (today) went like this:

MeHi there. With macOS Monterey now released, I was hoping that Adobe Captivate team may have emailed customers advising on compatibility or a timeline? Do you have any info?

AdobeCaptivate has been tested till Big Sur only, it has not been tested for macOS Monterey. Once we have an update we will notify the users within the community and adobe website but as of now there is no ETA for it.

MeHave Adobe even started testing it? The Beta version for developers was released at the beginning of this year

AdobeI am sorry as of now we dont have any update about new Mac OS Monterey. If there is any release is done, we will notify our users.

MeI would have thought that the Captivate team would at least email the customer base, to warn subscribers about the new OS, let them know not to upgrade, and maybe give a rough timeline? The new OS has been known about for many months now, and some basic communication would really be expected from customers.

AdobeIf any development related to the Mac OS is there, we will let the user's know via forums and community and most of the user's are still using the Big Sur update only.

Me: Yes - but do you realise that Monterey was released yesterday - and if you do not at least warn people by email - people may upgrade not realising and therefore not be able to use Captivate.

AdobeSure, we will pass on the feedback to the engineering team and they will look into it.

What I gather from this, is that they are not ggoing to communicate with or email the customer base.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally agree but it's typical of the way Adobe and Apple do not communicate with their users.

I've been an Apple/Adobe user since the mid 90's and it's never been any different.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me, Captivate still doesn't work properly with Big Sur... if I zoom more than 200, I get black screen. I've learned to live with 100 to 200 zoom only. I won't upgrade to Monterey until Adobe claims Captivate is compatible, but maybe this will be my solution to my Big Sur problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although I have now managed to upgrade to v 11.5.5.678 and basic functions seem to be working ok the screen does go black when viewing above 200 so I guess it's not a perfect fix but to be honest 200 is good enough and fits my 27" screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running on MacOS Big Sur 11.6.1.

Even with this build downloaded and running I'm still having issues with Captivate crashing during publishing. Is there any fix for this? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope. And definitely do not upgrade to Monterey.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2021 Dec 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How in the wide world of sports hasn't this been fixed yet?  $400 for the Captivate license and I get a black screen? 

I was finally able to get it to work (sort of).  I followed the ridiculous steps that I found from a community user > Uninstall Captivate, restart computer, reinstall Captivate, restart computer, launch Captivate.  

It now works, but not great.  Still crashing now and then.  

My company (Walmart) uses so many Adobe products, CC, AEM, Adobe Analytics, etc...  and it is a shame that this one is such a mess. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unhappy with the delays in releasing the patch to allow captivate 2019 to operate on my iMac.

I am still stuck with Captivate 2017.

please cancel my subscription.

c

Charles Richard Greenaway

vice president,esolemates.org

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please be aware that this is just a User Forum, not Adobe Support.  We do not have the power to do anything about your subscription.  You need to get in contact with Adobe Support about this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources