• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 2019 trial version: Importing high fidelity PowerPoint slides

New Here ,
Feb 25, 2019 Feb 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to import high fidelity slides into Captivate 2019 TRIAL version and it keeps failing.  I've tried saving the presentation as just 1 animated slide in case the project was too large but get the same results.  Is this just bc it's a trial version?  I really need to see how this works if i'm going to upgrade.  Thanks all.

TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 25, 2019 Feb 25, 2019

No it would not be due to the trial version because Captivate's trial versions are always fully functional.  The trial limits the time you can use it to 30 days and imposes a 30 day time limit on the output as well.

I would suggest you try creating a test PPT file in PowerPoint with your current installation and try bringing in just one or two slides to see whether there is a problem with that.  Make sure you save the PPTX file as a PPT before attempting the import.  PPTX has never been very reli

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No it would not be due to the trial version because Captivate's trial versions are always fully functional.  The trial limits the time you can use it to 30 days and imposes a 30 day time limit on the output as well.

I would suggest you try creating a test PPT file in PowerPoint with your current installation and try bringing in just one or two slides to see whether there is a problem with that.  Make sure you save the PPTX file as a PPT before attempting the import.  PPTX has never been very reliable as an import.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the advice. After two weeks of trying to import my .pptx file and having the program freeze, it finally worked!

I hope the Adobe folks read posts like this. PLEASE add the feature for importing editable powerpoint files.

Storyteller 3 is for PC only. I use a Mac and need Captivate to import my powerpoint files so I can open them into a responsive template than I can then edit and create an e-learning course using the slides as the foundation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please don't try creating a responsive project in Captivate when you've started with an imported PowerPoint slide deck.  The end result can never be truly responsive because the PPT slides get converted into static images in Captivate and that means they won't be responsive.  Just use a normal non-responsive project and turn on Scalable HTML5 in the Publishing dialog when you output.  That gets you closer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked!  Thanks so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources