• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 2019 UI Elements are Tiny

New Here ,
Jun 05, 2024 Jun 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All, I am using Adobe Captivate 2019. The UI elements are very small. I am not able to see those on my monitor. Also, after publishing, the UI elements are too small for users to see. Please help me fix this issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, for the learners, the the Try Me created using Captivate sometimes freezes and learners are not able to proceed. Please lst us know the possible reason of this issue and solution as well 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it only do this when being served from an LMS?  Or does the course module also do the same thing when viewed in Captivate using Preview as HTML?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We viewed in Captivate using Preview as HTML, it works fine. On LMS,  some learners are facing this issue. While the same Try Me version working well on my system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the content works fine when viewed from Captivate using Preview as HTML but suffers issues with delays or freezing when the same content is viewed from an LMS, the usual reason is LMS web server latency.

Your LMS may not be able to handle the number of "hits" being sent to it by your students.
https://www.infosemantics.com.au/about-learning-management-system-server-latency/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your screenshot indicates you may be using a 4K monitor.  Is that correct?

What is the screen resolutio of your monitor?  What is your display percentage?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The screenshot I provided is from HP Zeebook laptop, not 4k monitor. The screen resoution is 3840X2160

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't have to be a separate monitor.  The screen resolution you just quoted is 4K.  That's why everything looks so small.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4K_resolution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What resolution should I use for optimal view of the UI

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try 1920 x 1080  also known as Full HD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you RodWard for your prompt reply.

The Captivate UI during the creation of the file is looking fine now, but in the output the buttons at the bottom of the player are still very small. Attaching a screenshot for your reference. Learners have been conpalining about this issue. Is there any setting that we are missing??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about the grey playbar? Try to play with the Settings of the playbar under Project, Skin editor. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
Thank you for your resoonse, but I could not find the settings under Skin editor. Please guide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For sure I would deactivate the stretch and keep the buttons together. If this is a non-responsive project, have a look at other playbars. Or look for the option with two lines. Personally I never use a playbar at all, but create custom navigation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2024 Jun 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply
Deactivating the stretch option is not helping.
Please share steps of creating a playbar or share link to a video that explains this process. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 06, 2024 Jun 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry if you are one of those who believe that a video is necessary for learning. I wrote hundreds of posts about workflows. Here is one which could be useful:

Custom Navigation (basics) - Captivate blog (lilybiri.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2024 Jun 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried deactivating the stretch and keep the buttons together. There also the buttons are very small.
The steps for creating custom navigation are also not clear. Not able to follow.
Please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 12, 2024 Jun 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry about that! It is one of the rare posts on my blog which I consider to be basic. Did you ever take a basic training for Captivate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources