• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 2019 VR not working

Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2019 Mar 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I select New VR project, the thumbnail in the Filmstrip is blank, and the large slide in the work area is blank with NO default button to import a VR asset. I can add hotspots to the blank slide, but although they appear in the timeline, they don't appear on the slide itself.

When I open the provided project "2019 Release - Virtual Reality.cptx", I can see the images in the filmstrip, but the large slide always appears white. Any hotspots or text I add do NOT appear on the slide, although they do appear in the timeline.

I had this same problem with the trial version of Captivate 2019, and with the purchased version which I just activated today.

Is this a problem with my computer? It's an HP running Windows 10 with 16G of RAM.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

TOPICS
Advanced , Virtual reality

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Lilybiri that looks like its exactly what I need. I'll do the check they recommend later today and post whether or not it fixed the problem.

thanks again!

gary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hope indeed that this will solve the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately any web object I create won't connect to https://get.webgl.org/  as the article suggests, or to any other site either, such as msn.com. I think something must be wrong with my Captivate install.

(When I connect directly to get.webgl.org through a browser, I see the spinning cube with no problem)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try clearing cache and cleaning preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clearing cache didn't seem to have an effect. Not sure what you mean by cleaning preferences though?

I can create a VR project, add slides by duplication, add various 360 degree backgrounds through Properties (which I can see ONLY in the filmstrip thumbnails), and add hotspots.

When I Live Preview for Devices or  Publish for Virtual Reality Devices, everything displays and functions fine. I just never see anything but a large blank white slide to the right of the filmstrip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the CleanPreferencesWin batch file, ran it, and no apparent different. Still white slide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 02, 2019 Mar 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What a strange problem!  Are you using the most recent version: 11.0.1.266?

The 360 image or video is normally inserted on the Blank master slide. Did you perhaps edit that master slide? Or did you add something to the main master slide, and the Blank master slide inherits it (Show main master slide object is checked)?  I'm out of ideas, because I tried that and the objects didn't show up on the VR slides, even if I had a white shape on the Blank slide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2019 Mar 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my "About Captivate" it says version 11.0.0.243

Since I just installed it Thursday last week, I would have assumed that was the most current version

Whenever I add a VR slide or start a VR project, or open the prebuilt VR project, Window/Master Slide is not selectable.

I'm going to have a few of my co-workers install the Captivate trial on their machines, to see if the problem isn't specific to my machine. Maybe its my video card or something???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 04, 2019 Mar 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please update using Help, Updates. Not sure that it will solve the problem but worth trying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2019 Mar 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same exact issue. This a brand new install - everything is checked and double checked. My IT is scratching their head because they do not know Captivate. You mention a patch further down, but I am not sure as where to get this.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2019 Jul 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have the same issue.  Master slide is white.  My version is 11.5.0.476

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There does appear to be an update but I need IT permission to do it. Will have to try next week.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use Help, Updates for upgrade to 11.0.1.266.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2019 Mar 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had IT install the 11.0.1 patch with their admin rights. Rebooted the computer, and the VR component of Captivate 2019 still will not work.

I had an IT tech launch the application using "Run as Administrator," and everything worked fine. This option is of course, impossible for most users in a corporate environment where admin rights are reserved to IT for security reasons.

It's very difficult to understand why Captivate would build this glaring roadblock into their application, since a huge percentage of their user base consists of corporate users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do not need full admin rights, only be able to run CP as administrator.

There will be a solid reason, not a roadblock at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But when I try to Run as Administrator, a dialog appears that asks for an Administrator password.

As far as I know, they don't allow levels of admin permissions here. (i.e. "full rights" vs. "Run as..." rights).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ask? If not, you will be limited for several features of Captivate.

Lot of companies offer that right to their CP developers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked with IT and they said they'll have to escalate the request to assign me a new logon.

Before I start pulling managers into this, is there any possibility of de-installing and re-installing the application to NOT use restricted folders on my machine?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do not need to reinstall.  It is possible to use Captivate without Run as Amin rights, but some features will be excluded as you experienced.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I apologize for not making myself clearer.

Is there any custom way to re-install Captivate 2019 so that ALL of its features which currently require admin rights (e.g. VR), do not require admin rights to fully function?

Or, in other words:

Is there any custom way to re-install Captivate 2019 so that ALL of its features (eg. VR) are fully functional without requiring admin rights?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Answer is NO.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have worked for lots of large organisations that they can always give permission for you to have full admin rights if they decide your project is important enough.

You just have to put the choice to them clear and simple.  If they want THIS, then they have to give you THAT.  If you cannot make a compelling case, as to WHY your project MUST have VR, you won't get what you want.

The reasons why some of the functionality of Captivate do not work have to do with the fact that some things require access lower levels of the operating system than most normal programs.  Adobe's programmers wouldn't be deliberately creating issues where their app refused to function.  Except for the occasional bug, these types of issues are always a direct result of offering some cool feature (e.g. VR) that isn't easy to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2019 Mar 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An update to this saga that has my IT scratching their heads.

-I have updated.
-I have full admin rights
-My video card is in working order

It still did not work. All I got was a white screen.

That being said, something we discovered is that it WILL run if it is done just through my laptop alone. 

If I am on the docking station, hooked up to my monitors (dual or single we tried it both ways), the program will only show the white screen, no VR picture.

If I undock it, with the program still open, still white screen.

If I open Captivate, launch the VR while undocked, it works, and then I can dock it and it will work docked and appear on my monitors. If I try to launch it again, it will not show up.

My IT then went upstairs to try it with his docking station on his computer. The same thing.

I do not have a desk top, so I do not know if this issue occurs with one, but for whatever reason, it hates docking stations. 

So basically to use this program to its fullest I have to dock and undock to get it to run, which is actually really annoying.

If you can give me an idea why it will run AFTER I open the program undocked and then dock it, but not while it is docked, my IT would be very appreciative. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources