• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 2019 - working SWF modules now published as HTML5 complete on LMS but get resume message

Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I hope someone can help me.

We have Captivate modules that work fine when published to SWF on our SCORM-compliant LMS. When we publish these modules as HTML5, we experience the following problem:

Each module exits and is shown as complete on the LMS.  When we launch the module again for a new attempt we are presented with the resume message (this shouldn’t appear on a new attempt).  We click ok and it takes us back to the last page of the module, so something isn’t closing the attempt properly. Also we found that if we click ok on this message, after the above occurs, the course never completes, despite the ToC showing as complete. This occurs in all browsers.

Thanks, Steve

TOPICS
Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

I thought I should let you know that we found a solution to our problem (see above). We just needed to deselect the Self-Paced Learning radio button in the Table of Contents.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have at least one slide after the score slide? Could you insert a screenshot of the Reporting secion under Quiz Preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for replying so quickly.

No the score slide is the last slide in the assessment module.

I have attached a screenshot of the Reporting section under Quiz Preferences.Quiz preferences.pngLMS Advanced Settings.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add an extra slide, maybe with an exit button or congratulations. I had several consultancy jobs where this was needed as well.

Moreover, depending on the LMS interpretation of 'slide completely viewed' your criterium of '100% slide views' may also be a problem. It is not consistent, that is why I refer to the LMS. You do have a quiz, since you have score slide. Is it not possible to use one of the Quiz options for the Criterion (there are 3 possibilities) instead of Slide Views.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I will try your suggestions. The problem with not closing the attempt properly also applies to learning modules i.e. modules that do not contain a scored quiz. It is true that we do not use a Captivate Exit button to exit, as part of the return to our LMS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I justt mentioned Exit, but you can just have a congratulations slide as well. On the whole HTML output is slower than SWF output. The actions specified for Pass/Fail are only done on the last frame of the score slide, hence my suggestion.

As for Slide views, as I wrote, this may work on some LMSs but not always. Even for a course without a quiz, you can just add a scored button that every learner needs to press and require a 100* as pass score. No need tos score or mention it. That is always foolproof.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I thought I should let you know that we found a solution to our problem (see above). We just needed to deselect the Self-Paced Learning radio button in the Table of Contents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources