Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 7 TOC problem

New Here ,
Dec 06, 2013 Dec 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm trying to set up a table of contents with navigation that will not let users go to slides that they have not yet viewed which TOC is already providing that option, but I need to enable users who have left and re-entered a course go back to any previous slide that they've viewed.

Is there a way to do that?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open the Quiz > Reporting > Advanced option and look to see if you have "Never Send Resume Data" enabled. If it is enabled it would explain why users aren't able to resume where they left off. Also make sure that you have "Escape Version and Session ID" enabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cozmicone's answer is correct if you are deploying on a LMS and that LMS is working well with Captivate. And I suppose you enabled 'Navigate visited slides only' in the TOC settings.

Are you deploying on a LMS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Never Send Resume Data" isn't enabled.
"Escape Version and Session ID" is enabled.

'Navigate visited slides' is enabled.
And finally yes I'm deploying on a LMS.

but it doesn't work..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2014 Jul 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am facing the same problem.

For the first time accessing the course, the "Navigate Visited Slides Only" worked well. Learner must follow the sequences to learn topic by topic, learner is disallowed to click topics randomly. Learner is allowed to click those topics have been viewed (those with tick). superb!

But, once i close the browser, and re-open the course again, those visited topics cannot be clicked anymore. In the TOC, I can see those visited topics have the "tick" to indicate those topics have been visited in the earlier session. I just can't click to go there. Need Captivate Team to help. This is a serious bug. I need to deliver my course to my client soon. Really need your advice urgently.

I use Captivate 8 now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 20, 2014 Jul 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the time when you cannot navigate to the visited slides after resuming the module, are you within the Quiz?  If so, the reason why you may not be allowed to jump back to the visited slides could be due to having Backward Movement disabled in the Quiz Settings. Please check if that is the case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2014 Jul 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. RodWard. Thanks for your help to answer my issue. I have no quiz inside.

I tested using single cptx file, the "navigate to visited slides" worked well when close and re-enter the course.

But my project is using Aggregator with combining several swf (to overcome bandwidth issue). The "navigate to visited slides" failed when close and re-enter the course. So, i believe this is the Aggregator issue.

I have Backward Movement enable in the Quiz Settings, it cannot help.

Do you have any other suggestion? Thanks for helping me and the community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2014 Sep 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to solve this same problem. In Captivate 6.

I originally thought that there must be some conflict with the quiz -- maybe something about the quiz was not letting the TOC be navigatible when I re-launch the course. 

To test my "quiz conflict" theory, I posted a mini course of 4 slides and no quiz in the LMS.  Each slide is a TOC item.  The completion criteria are that the LMS will recognize the course as complete when the learner has viewed all four slides.   When I reach the 4th slide (thus completing the course) all 4 TOC items are navigatable.... However, when I close the course and re-enter it, then even though each TOC items shows a "visited" check mark, none of the TOC are clickable excpet for the very first and very last TOC items. 

Thus, this problem occurs if there is a quiz and if there is not a quiz.

Here are some settings to note:

• TOC: Self-Paced Learning is Checked
  • TOC:Enable Navigation is Checked
  • TOC:Navigate Visited Slides Only is Checked
  • TOC:Status Flag is checked.
  • Preference: Quiz Reporting:  "Never Send Resume Data" is unchecked.
  • Preference: Quiz Reporting:  "Completion Criteria --> Slide views 100%
  • Preference: Quiz Reporting: " "Completion Criteria --> Quiz is Unchecked
  • Preference: Quiz Pass/Fail: 0 points of more to pass
  • If passing grade action = continue

Would be great if someone can provide some insight into how to solve this.  Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 01, 2014 Oct 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try deselecting Navigate Visited Slides Only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.  I'm having the exact same issue as eternallearner.  I've tried what you suggested (deselecting "Navigate Visited Slides Only") and still experience the issue.  I've also tried turning off "Self-Paced Learning" and still have the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Self-paced learning is disabled as soon as you select LMS reporting of any kind.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2014 Sep 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone out there have any ideas on how to resolve this issue?  I'm experiencing it as well and have tried everything!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources