Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 9 accessible demo

New Here ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I am looking for captivate 9 accessible demo sample. It should be accessible through keyboard and should be readable by JAWS reader. I had issues with captivate 9 default controls. Can we create whole player as custom one with all captivate nationalities? Please Help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I always found good samples from http://learningbrothers.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

where is the samples? Its just sample black website.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 03, 2017 Mar 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I apologise, I didn't type the link correctly.

try eLearning Templates and Custom Development

I also learned a lot from Introducing accessibility options in Captivate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2017 Jun 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eric, thanks for the reply. But I am looking for cpativate accessible demo with alt tags and screen accessibility.  It is not accessible at all with options in video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 02, 2017 Jun 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can find a lot of captivate courses on websites all over the internet. I have yet to find one that was completely accessible, because most instructional designers using captivate don't test their own courses using JAWS or NVDA. If you are wanting to make training videos using Captivate, than you have to utilize the multi-slide synchronized video option when importing in order to utilize Captivate's closed caption and playbar controls. If you are publishing via HTML5, you could import a video as an HTML5 animation with built in accessibility controls and captions... if you are knowledge with HTML coding.

I don't like Captivate's default controls or playbar either. Yes you can create your own controls. I have created my own navigation buttons through advanced actions to ensure everything is accessible by screen reader. If you know JavaScript, you can use the Execute Javascript action to add further control and accessibility too.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources