Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 9 Drag and Drop DropIncorrect State not working

Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2016 Apr 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I´ve made a Drag and Drop interaction, where I have 4 drop targets and 4 drag sources with only one right answer for each. I added states to the Drop Targets:

DropCorrect state, Drop Target turns green when pressing submit and the answer is correct.

DropIncorrect state, Drop Target turns red when pressing submit and the answer is incorrect.

I thought this would be a good way to show the user which Drop Targets are correct and which Drop Targets they have to change to get the right answer.

When the answer is correct, the Drop Targets turns green and I have made an action that says "Correct, click anywhere to continue."

BUT when the answer is wrong, nothing happens to the colors of the Drop Targets. It´s just a fail message, Try Again. Nothing more.

Why isn´t the DropIncorrect state showing when I press the Submit button and the answer is incorrect?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 22, 2016 Apr 22, 2016

I just double-checked the file from that article, which was created on a previous version of 9 and it works correctly also for the DropInCorrect State, but I have only 1 Attempt! I suspect that your Infinite attempts are the cause of the DropIncorrect not showing up. Compare it with actions on a question slide: the Success action will be executed when the answer is correct, but the other action will only be done when the last attempt is finished and the answer is wrong. Since you have Infinite a

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How many attempts did you provide? I explored states for D&D in this article:

Drag&Drop in 2016 with Captivate 9 - Captivate blog

Are you on 9.0.1.320?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I´ve read your article, actually its from your article I learned about the states, so thank you.

i have infinite attempts

The version is 9.0.1.320

Its strange that its working on DropCorrect State, but not on DropIncorrect State.

I´ve tried to submit when all 4 answers are wrong and when a few of them are wrong but it didn´t make a difference. the submit button is working since the fail message appears and its working when the answers is correct, its just the DropIncorrect State thats now showing on failure....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just double-checked the file from that article, which was created on a previous version of 9 and it works correctly also for the DropInCorrect State, but I have only 1 Attempt! I suspect that your Infinite attempts are the cause of the DropIncorrect not showing up. Compare it with actions on a question slide: the Success action will be executed when the answer is correct, but the other action will only be done when the last attempt is finished and the answer is wrong. Since you have Infinite attempts, that last Attempt event never occurs.

Sorry for the late reply, wanted to double-check and was pretty busy today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, that could be why it doesnt work! Will try your way monday when Im back at work! Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2016 Apr 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried 1 attempt and it worked! Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2022 Feb 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank You. Yeah it really worked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources