• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 9 SCORM error

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2016 Apr 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have published a project from Adobe Captivate 9 and am currently trying to get it through the Advanced Distributed Learning (ADL) SCORM 2004 4th Edition Conformance Test Suite. I was able to get the course to pass in SCORM cloud, but cannot get it to pass with the ADL test suite. The error that is causing failure is:

ERROR: The Terminate() method was never successfully called.

Here is my test log:

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Apr 20, 2016 Apr 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you doing this for the Army?

What was happening when the error was generated?

How did you trigger the exit?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2016 Apr 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since it passed in SCORM Cloud, it looks like being a problem with the LMS. Did you contact them about this error?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is from the conformance test suite which runs on the desktop Lieve. It's mimics an LMS. Very stringent. Most LMS's will let you get away with a lot of inconsistencies. The test suite will report everything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, David.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2016 Apr 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, the Marine Corps contacts are not really helpful about the LMS. I need to figure out why this course won't pass ADL's test suite.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Apr 26, 2016 Apr 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How was the course exited? What code or command was executed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2016 Apr 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exited the course 2 ways. I have ended the SCORM test and it automatically exits the course and I have also exited the course by clicking the Exit button which then closes the SCORM testing. Test result is the same, failed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about the exit button in a Captivate playbar?

Try creating a button and executing this JavaScript:

SCORM2004_CallTerminate()

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have both an exit button on the player skin and an exit button on the last screen.

I added the button and JavaScript code you provided, ran the course through the SCORM testing software again with the same result.

Not sure what to do at this point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What action is on the button you created. I would try with just the JavaScript. That should close the course.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources