• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

captivate audio file

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to Captivate. I have a next button on first slide with audio file. I need the next button to be disabled when slide opens and next button enabled when audio file completes, so that user can click to go next slide. Could you please advise. 

Best rgds

Mahesh

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

If there are no other interactive objects on that slide, you can use the On Enter event of the slide with this advanced action:

Disable Bt_Next

Delay Next Actions by x seconds             where x is the duration of the audio clip in seconds

Enable Bt_Next

Continue

Continue is necessary to prevent the playhead from pausing at the first frame which could impact the slide audio if it is not starting on the first frame. Be careful: make the slide longer than the audio timeline, so that

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

You have liked my answer recently, but did it help you to solve the problem? If yes, please can you mark the answer as being correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If there are no other interactive objects on that slide, you can use the On Enter event of the slide with this advanced action:

Disable Bt_Next

Delay Next Actions by x seconds             where x is the duration of the audio clip in seconds

Enable Bt_Next

Continue

Continue is necessary to prevent the playhead from pausing at the first frame which could impact the slide audio if it is not starting on the first frame. Be careful: make the slide longer than the audio timeline, so that the playhead will not get inadvertently to the next slide before the Next button is enabled.

I answered your question literally, but honestly it is more friendly (and easier) to hide the Next button until the audio clip is almost finished. That can be done by having the start of the Next button timeline slightly before the end of the audio clip timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You have liked my answer recently, but did it help you to solve the problem? If yes, please can you mark the answer as being correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources