• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate Audio

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a project I believe was built in Captivate 9. I am working on it in 2019. There is audio added to click boxes. When played in the Learing Management System the audio gets clipped at the end of each sentence. If I come come back to the slide, the audio works just fine.

Has anyone experienced this before?

Are there any suggestions on how to correct this issue?

Thank you,

John

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe that project used to be published to SWF. HTML5 output is much slower and ther have been chagens. Audio has now to be loaded On Enter for each slide. You didn't tell if the audio clip is linked as object audio, or if it is played when clicking y using the Play Audio command?

Anyway the only solution is to preview some dirty silence (noise)  in the audio clip at the end. That way if the clip has been loadded too late, it will cut that part. Keep audio clips as short as possible, try to decrease their file size by the settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lilybiri,

Thank you for your response. The click boxes are in the timline but a click is not required for the audio to play. It happens as the time line reaches each clip. I have tried adding silence to the end of each clip but that had no effect.

Again, thank you.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not write 'silence', because that will be cut out by Captivate, but 'DIRTY silence',  like background noise which will not be cut out by Captivate. Did you try that?

Do you have other audio? Let the click box timeline start a couple of frames later. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I did was copy an area from the recording itself where no narration was ocurring and paste it to the end. I beleive tht would consitute dirty silence.

When you say "start a couple frames later", do you mean position the clip later in the timeline?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It depends how close this was to real silence, I presume. If you edited the clip and got rid of all the background noixe, it may still be seen as 'silence' to ignore by Captivate.

You cannot move the clip on the timeline, only the click box timeline. Yes, I meant to try that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is this audio narration created using Captivate's Text-to-Speech generator?  If so, then the silence between words is complete silence, not 'dirty silence' as Lieve is recommending.  Captivate has the custom of cutting off all complete silence found at the beginning or end of audio clips.

However, your issue might be a combination of this clipping effect as well as the result of the fact that in HTML5 content the audio is only loaded when the slide is reached.  So if your audio is too close to the ends of the slide then it has not fully loaded before the slide begins to play.

So, just to be clear, is this TTS generated speech or human voice recorded?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources