• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

captivate changes letters to symbols

New Here ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just added a scroll box to my CP project. It is in norwegian and our alphabet contains tre more letters then the english alphabet. When I publish the special letters changes into ?-symbol. How can I fix this? CP project.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most European languages have a lot more characters than English (which is rather simple). 

What do you mean by a 'scroll box'? Is it the Scrolling Text Interaction (from the Learning Interactions)? 

Which font do you use? 

I checked it out, Norsk is supported in Captivate, did you set it up:

SpellingNorsk.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lilybiri

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer!

When trying to solve my problem I found this youtube video showing me how: Using scroll boxes in adobe captivate 

So far so good... 

But then I discoverd that my turned into ?.. I'm sorry to say that your tip did not solve my symbol. 

I started out with Times New Roman then later changed to Open Sans. This did not solve my problem.. 

I'm very greatful for new ideas to solve my problem.. 

🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is inserted as a web object. And Word is used as intermediate application, which I never like. Word makes such a mess of formatting.

Can you copy this text to  a normal Scrolling Text interaction and does it also result in a replacement of the same characters? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources