Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate CP2019 Scorm Quiz Scoring

New Here ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any ideas here.

I'm having an issue where the final grade in the LMS doesn't want to show the proper percentage. There are 6 questions in the final quiz. Each is worth 10 points for a max of 60 points and a passing grade is set to 40 points to allow the student to miss 2 questions and still pass. If you get all the questions correct you will pass the quiz but the score will show 83.3% rather than 100%. On the results page in Captivate accuracy will show 100% and if I test in Scorm Cloud it shows 100%. My thought is that it's likely a LMS issue but they don't seem to agree with me. They're telling me it's likely an item in the module is scoring an item that shouldn't be scored. But once again I've checked all the items being scored and it's only the final quiz questions as it should be.

Details: 

Scorm 2004 3rd Version, also tried 4th Version and Scorm 1.2 

Completion - quiz is passed

Success - Quiz is passed 

Slide views is not checked 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SCORM Cloud is Rustici Software, and they are the keepers of the SCORM standard. If SCORM Cloud yields the same results as previewing in Adobe Captivate it's a safe bet that the LMS is the one that has the issue. One thing you can doublecheck is running the advanced interaction window. You can find it in the Project dropdown menu. This will reveal items like objects that might erroneously have points assigned to them. In this example I have a next button on slide one that I accidently selected to have points but not include in the quiz. With the right (or wrong) LMS this may end up changing the scoring.2021-05-19_11-36-44.png

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have edited your title, because the most recent version of Captivate is 11.6, one of the multiple releases under the common name CP2019.

Check the Advanced Interaction panel, filtered for all possible scored objects (which will include the question slides). More details here:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/advanced-interaction-panel-q-and-a

SCORM Cloud can help to find out if there is something wrong with the transfer to the LMS, but I doubt this is the real cause.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

83.3 is 5 out of 6.

SCORM 2004 uses these datasets:

cmi.score.raw = 50
cmi.score.min = 0
cmi.score.max = 60
cmi.score.scaled = 0.833333

You should look at the debugger in Moodle and see how these values are being set. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had this issue also and found that if I changed the Template to SendTrackingDataAtEnd, it resolved that issue. Previously, we were using the Custom or Default Template.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources