Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate for Mac quits unexpectedly

Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am trying to import PowerPoint slides into Captivate for mac. However, after converting the slides Captivate crashes and stops working. This is the first time I use Captivate. It is a corporate license but I don't have admin rights.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Jun 13, 2021 Jun 13, 2021

Here is an alternative link to the announcement I've mentioned above:

Update for Mac Users – Adobe Captivate 2019 Build for macOS Big Sur (macOS 11) is here!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are not many Mac users helping their peers here, and I am rather incompetent because I only use Windows.

Just the usual questions: is everything installed on your system? You don't use a roaming profile or networked drives for any of the files? Are the versions of PPT and Captivate compatible? Did you try to use pptx or ppt import? Is it happening for all powerpoint slides, did you try with a couple of slides to test?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, everything is installed, no roaming profile. Files are local, but on OneDrive. Don't expect this to be an issue. PPTX import. Converting to PPT is an option, but for now Captivate is useless. Happens to all PowerPoint imports.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On average, Captivate crashes anyway. Worked when i installed it two years ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, what version of Captivate are you using. Also, are you on macOS Big Sur?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am on version 11 of Captivate and on Mac OS Big Sur. The app does not start at all anymore. Please help, otherwise I'll have to surrender my license. This support is not helpful, i bought the product and it is not working. No upgrade options from within the app, only 30-day trial.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, issue resolved by downloading the new build. I don't know about M1 Macs, but on my Intel Macbook pro it is working now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it have issues under Big Sur? I really want to upgrade my MacOS (10.14.6) but am worried about Captivate. What is the newest version of Mac OS that you recommend for 100% compatibility with Captivate? How about the new Apple M1 processors? I'd love to buy a new mac, but haven't because I worry about Captivate?

Mark -

Mark_W

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

It could be Big Sur. No comments from this end. From a support perspective, I have never received worse support from a vendor, not even from freeware solutions. My license should be renewed at the end of the month, but I will not extend it if it is not working.

Martin Danko

HCL Software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jun 13, 2021 Jun 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi martindanko (and Mark_W to some extend)

On Big Sur are you using this build? It's from an Announcement which oddly I can't copy/past in here. According to Saurav_Ghosh this build addresses issues with Big Sur. (Link to Adobe Support: "Does Captivate work on Big Sur?").

You'll have to ask your admin to install this new build (if not already done so).

More of the above announcement from Dec 24 2020

Does Captivate (2019 Release) work on M1 chipset?
No ... we are working on this.

Klaus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jun 13, 2021 Jun 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is an alternative link to the announcement I've mentioned above:

Update for Mac Users – Adobe Captivate 2019 Build for macOS Big Sur (macOS 11) is here!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for your support! I take back my previous comments. This did the trick.

Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because Captivate doen't work with mac os big sur

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is a dedicated version of Captivate for Big Sur.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources