• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate on Big Sur - Software simulation fail

New Here ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having an issue with Captivate 2019 on Big Sur.  I have downloaded the Captivate version that wassupposed to fix the compatability issues.  I'm running 11.5.5.678.

Software simulation isn't working as I expected.  Regardless of what application I choose to capture, the result is only the mouse movements, but on my blank desktop.  No application!

Is this a known issue? Is there a fix or workaround?

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are on the most recent version for Mac, that is OK.

Which type of software do you want to capture? Is it an application which is installed on your system? If you have a multiple monitor setup do you capture on the primary monitor?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Lilybiri,

I'm using only my laptop monitor: 16-inch Retina display with True Tone.

I do the same steps on my older Mac (in Captivate 2019), and I get the application recorded and displayed as expected.  I've tried to capture all kinds of applications installed on my machine (Word, Chrome, etc.). Something is definitely up with the new MacBook aand Big Sur...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi thomk8..

I'm not sure, but Cp version 11.5.5.678 is the one I'm running still on Catalina. I reckon the build for Big Sur has a higher 3 digits build number at the end. Try this:

Update for Mac Users – Adobe Captivate 2019 Build for macOS Big Sur (macOS 11) is here!

Klaus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Klaus,

I uninstalled and reinstalled the build you linked.  The behavior persists.

All I get when Captivate populates after the software capture... is the blank desktop.  Hmmmph.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like you really need to get Adobe Support involved in this issue.  Their technicians may be the only ones that will have the solution in this case.  There's definitely some other factor in play besides just your operating system version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a video capture of what I see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Rodward,

I'll go that route.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources