• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate Prime 2019 Voice (text to speech) - Missing out words

Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have tried a number of different ways of producing the wording and allow plenty of time for each paragraph, but Captivate is still missing out words at the end of sentences. We have been working with the Adobe team since December and tried all the suggestions below but still not resolved. Any new suggestions welcome?? 🙂

• Play Modules in Google Chrome
  • Balabolka voice test
  • Neo Speech voice test
  • Updated to latest version 11.5.5
  • Cleaned Program Preferences - Cleanpreferenceswin.bat file.
  • Preloader set to 100%
  • Removed Project.txt file before we upload module to elearning platform
TOPICS
Audio and video , Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

BIt confusing: are you talking about Captivate PRIME?  It may be a typo? If the answer is yes, please post in the Prime forum. This is the Captivate forum.  I may need to edit your topic title if the answer is No.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BIt confusing: are you talking about Captivate PRIME?  It may be a typo? If the answer is yes, please post in the Prime forum. This is the Captivate forum.  I may need to edit your topic title if the answer is No.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes its Captivate Prime, a bit confusing having the Captive icon CP the same as the Captivate Prime icon. Never noticed that there was the same icon way down the list, will move my comments

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can do it as well.... am moderator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I think we should reword to Captivate not Captivate Prime as we initially thought the issue was just in the elearning platform but when we preview the modules via 'HTML5 in Browser' we still get the same issue. Thanks for your help! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You were moved back by someone else. I didn't move before asking.

Can you insert a screenshot of a timeline? I suspect that you didn't leave a gap before and after the audio timeline, at least if you are indeed talking about Slide audio.

GapAudio.png

Reason:  audio files neede to be loaded On Enter of each slide and can have a big file size. Moreover when they run from the first to the last frame, it is possible that Captivate sees audio file on a sequence of slides as one audio clip, and that takes even more time to load. By using those gaps, which need to be done manually this can be avoided.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My colleague had previously tried the space at the start of the slide audio in the timeline as per your screen dump, but don't think they did one at the end, will try that thank-you.

We are also doing audio's against each caption that comes in, to stagger their display time, should we do a gap at the end of those as well?

carolinep46409387_1-1611670421368.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another question, does it matter if the gaps at the Playhead Postion or the Start of the Audio?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, object audio has no individual timeline. Inserting silence in the audio clip will not help, will be deleted by Captivate. However inserting some 'noise' at the start and the end, not complete silence, can help.

Avoid too many and too long audio clips on one slide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any noise suggestions? 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sure you'll find some noise parts in the video, where there is slight background noise. You can use that part to duplicate at the start and the end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Morning! 

I created an audio noise and inserted it at the start and end of the Text Caption audio's that we have for one of our modules but unfortunatley it did not resolve our issue, still missing of words at the end of the sentence. Is there anything else you can suggest trying?

kind regards

Caroline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, now I am out of ideas. Are the captions displayed for a duration which is longer than the audio clip? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources