• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate Software Simulation Only Records Wallpaper

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe Peeps. I am having an issue with Captivate's Software Simulation function. It only records the wallpaper and mouse movements, not the application. I have given Captivate access to the camera and control of the computer in System Preferences and restarted the Mac, but no success. I have been careful about chosing the correct application and have unplugged my monitor so there is only one screen. Everything seems to be set up properly when I hit the record button, but when I check the work, it's just screen shots of the wallpaper and the mouse. What could i be doing wrong?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Software simulations use the Blank master slide. It needs to be really Blank. Can you check if that is the case in the theme which you are using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing the same problem - mouse movements, audio, but only my desktop. I'm using the default theme - Blue Veracity. I also unplugged the external monitor, tried it with webcam and without, tried screen and application options. Results are the same - just the color of my wallpaper (not even the actual desktop). Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I've figured it out - in Mac OS Catalina, you have to specifically grant sreenshare permissions in additional to camera and microphone. When I gave Captivate that permission, it worked. 

I hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For Windows users running Captivate with 'Run as Administrator' setup is also recommended for any capture. Mac has a different approach and I am a pure Win user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources