Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate to develop a Webinar

New Here ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help, please.

I have been given access to captivate to develop a webinar but can't figure this out.

Any clues or suggestions?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please provide more information:

• Where is the webinar content coming from?
  • What is the subject?
  • How long will it be?
  • What is your timeframe to develop the webinar ready for delivery?
  • How will your end user's consume the content?  (e.g in a room or online)
  • Will your end user participation be tracked (e.g. by delivery from a Learning Management System)
  • What training have you already taken or viewed?  (Captivate isn't one of those apps you can pick up in 5 minutes)
  • What version of Captivate do you have?
  • What computer operating system are you using? (Windows or Mac, etc)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much

• Where is the webinar content coming from? I have pulled this together
  • What is the subject? Resilience
  • How long will it be? Around 10 mins
  • What is your timeframe to develop the webinar ready for delivery? End Feb
  • How will your end user's consume the content?  (e.g in a room or online), Online
  • Will your end user participation be tracked (e.g. by delivery from a Learning Management System) Possibly, we have an LMS already
  • What training have you already taken or viewed?  (Captivate isn't one of those apps you can pick up in 5 minutes), very little
  • What version of Captivate do you have? It was purchased recently so 2019, I think
  • What computer operating system are you using? (Windows or Mac, etc) Windows

Hope this is helpful, away to look for u tube stuff etc to see if I can at least get a starting point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lots of good questions from Rod.

I would add one more...

What is your/your company's definition of a webinar?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hiya

Thanks.

Text on slide with spoken audio, possibly with a face to face recorded introduction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So this will be delivered as a link to an end product rather than delivered live?

Since you admit to not having a lot of background with Captivate - I honestly think a voiceover PowerPoint saved as a video(mp4) might be an easier option - especially considering your timeframe.

That being said - while placing some text on a slide isn't any more complicated than it is in PowerPoint, you will likely have the added complications of dealing with a timeline, creating controlled navigation that appears seamless, and integrating audio as those would be new hurdles with Captivate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks

I am now so confused as to the best way forward.

As captivate was purchased for this purpose.  How long does it take to develop this kind of thing with Captivate?  I am used to developing e-Learning quite quickly.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How long it would take to make depends on the proficiency of the creator, the amount of content still needed to make vs ready to go, the amount of material to cover, etc so I guess I couldn't say.

It sounds like all you need is a video to place on a website for folks to consume at their leisure.

Personally - I would use Camtasia for something like that.

Can you do what you need in Captivate - sure!
I just think it will be a bit more difficult.

As far as your starting point - think about the flow of the experience from start to finish. What do you want the viewers to see/experience? What order do you want the information to be presented in? Start breaking up that information into chunks and laying it out in the correct order. Honestly, I think I would probably say that for Camtasia or PowerPoint too.

Lilybiri makes a good suggestion about checking out some of the premade themes - if there is one that has a look and feel that works for you it could save a lot of time.

Lots of testing, tweaking, testing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed this discussion, because you are not at all talking about a webinar but about creating a simple course.

If you are on Captivate 11.5, why not have a look at the Assets panel: there are several Quick Start Projects. You can use a project and replace text, images, use interactions. You can also use just individual slides.

One problem: they do not have audio. And there are some stumbling blocks if you want to add audio. I summarized them in a blog post:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/tips-adding-audio-to-qsp-slides-ready-to-go-slides

You can record a short video with your smartphone. Output needs to be in as MP4 which can easily be inserted on a slide in Captivate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, the definition of Webinar seems to vary.  I need this to be published as a link, run automatically and have audio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No site can be run automatically, the learner will always need to click the play icon. That is due to the browsers preventing automatic play.

The normal meaning of a webinar is a 'seminar' online, in a synchronized meeting with participants. Completely different from your idea.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks

That's fine re the play button.

I know what a webinar is, but we are looking to have this in the format of a webinar as if it's been recorded so it's accessible for a very high number of  staff when they have the need/time rather than delivered in the usual way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources