• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Capturing both pre-test and post-test results?

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to have users do a pre-test and a post test so I can see how much they learned going through the module to see if it's effective. From what I understand, even if I use the Mulit-SCO Packager I will still always get the tests weighted score sent to the LMS. 

Is there another way to do this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Personally, I am a big fan of multiple small things versus one large thing.

My approach...

Have the pre-test be a stand-alone module.

Provide them with the needed content.

Then give them another stand-alone post-test.

With separate exams you can easily compare the before and after.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer!

I think having two seperate modules would be hard to manage at our institution because it will be hard to even get them to complete one module and I don't know how I'd be able to compare each user's individual scores to each other.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure.

Of course, I cannot speak to what your environment process does.

What I would do is present everything as a single course in the LMS.

The learner would be presented with the pre-test early on to test prior knowledge.

Then they would be presented with the content designed to help them master the content.

Then the post-test is at the end of the course.

The course would be considered required content. There are multiple modules that are bundled to create a single course. In that sense - you're just managing a single thing. Employees would be required to complete the course. Otherwise it becomes a disciplinary issue on the management side of things. Hopefully not your problem.

I might even consider allowing the pre-test to be a "test-out" option where if they score well enough - they are not required to take the entire course.

Comparisons would be done using the LMS reporting - but I know that not all LMS platforms are created equal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, that helps. Maybe I will just test pilot it the way you suggested because I'm sure I could get that functionality for a small group.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all you need to test if your LMS is accepting a course created with the MultiScorm packager. Not all support this workflow.

If you use the built-in Pretest slides in Captivate, the results of the pretest are stored in specific system variables. Those variables are meant to be used in a conditional action which you can customize  to do exactly what you want to happen on passing/failing the Pretest.

Those special system variables are not sent automatically to the LMS, as is the case for a normal Quiz. However you could transfer the result of the pretest to a user variable, and find out if the LMS allows you to read the content of that user variable. Like what I mentioned about the MultiSco packager, that is not the same for all LMSs.

In the Multisco packager you are combining multiple modules, but you can use normal quiz slides for both pretest and test if they are not in the same project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I was wondering if I could output the pretest variable somehow. I'll reseach how we are going to put the module out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources