• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Capturing simulation with date fields

New Here ,
Feb 05, 2020 Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m capturing a simulation of a system that has dates as input data. For some reason, Captivate doesn’t capture these dates correctly. What settings do I need to change to enable the correct capturing of dates?

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which mode do you use? Demonstration, Training or Assessment?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

all three

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not entirely sure what the problem might be but sometimes you need to manually add a screen capture when the action of an object is merely a mouseover. Press [PrtScn] to capture another slide where you can add click boxes or text boxes as needed.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm recording a simulation, and when I get onto the DateOfBirth field, to capture the date, it doesn't allow me to capture a correct date.

For example, if YOB is 2012, it captures 2000/2002, when I'm on the recording mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think Paul's suggestion is probably the one you will need to go with.  It could be that the particular software that you are trying capture from has screen events that are not easy for Captivate to detect.  This results in a very slight delay between the time you select something and the time the screencapture is taken. 

I also sometimes find I cannot trust the automatic capture mechanism to give me the screenshots I need.  So I will do as Paul suggests and take manual captures at various points in the process.  I reconfigure the capture key to be F2 (in Captivate Preferences) because I like to have my left hand hovering over that key while my right hand uses the mouse to navigate.  I bang the F2 capture key whenever I think there is a risk of not getting the correct result (usually because you need to capture a mouseover effect or several stages of rolling down through a menu of options, etc).

At the end of a capture session it's far easier to just go through and weed out the captures you don't need than to try and set everything up again to get the one you missed and splice that into the set.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources