Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Click box advances

Jun 24, 2013 Jun 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I publish a file, one or more click boxes advance automatically, even though I've selected Pause project until user clicks. I've made sure the click box is visible in the timeline, created a new click box, copied a click box that works correctly, and uninstalled and reinstalled Captivate 6. Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The click box itself will not advance, where is it pausing? Perhaps post a screenshot of the timeline?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the published file the slide advances automatically even though I did not click the click box and I selected Pause project until user clicksClick box timeline.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is perhaps its visibility turned off in the properties panel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I checked that, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A co-worker just tested and the click box worked as expected for her (paused until user clicked). We have the same Publish settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the screemshot you showed is indicating the duration of the entire slide is 3.3 seconds, then the pause point of your click box is actually sitting right on the end of the slide.  Unlike button objects which show the pause point somewhere in the middle of their timeline object, click boxes always have their pause point at the end of their timeline object.  If the click box pause point is too close to the end of the slide it might not work.

Try moving the end point of the click box back to the left a second or so and see if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 25, 2013 Jun 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much. I had figured out by trial and error that changing the slide duration fixed the problem, but your explanation makes much more sense. Can you explain why the click box would work on my co-worker’s machine but not mine if she did not alter the file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2013 Jun 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Could be she had a slightly different setup, different browser, different Flash Player version, different brand of coffee, whatever.  There are many variables and I've never been able to isolate all of the reasons why one Captivate user will have no troubles with something others do. 

In your case I knew from experience that placing the pause point of a clickbox right near the last frame of a slide is a bad idea.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources