• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Conditional Advanced Not Working As Expected

New Here ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Community, I have a head-scratcher. I have variables in place to indicate the path a user takes (based on a button click on the second slide of the course) that I am using to branch later in the course using a conditional advanced action. Seems simple enough...if varLaunch_[pathname] is equal to 1 then Jump to Slide X. It is not working and I have no idea why. All the tabs of the AA are set up properly and I have verified that the variables are correct using the list of variables as a debugger. Any help is appreciated. It is driving me nuts.

TOPICS
Advanced actions , Branching

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please do not attach screenshots but insert them.  Reasons: I had to download that screenshot, then open it in PS (associated with PNG on my system), look at it, see that it is pretty useless, now have to delete it. 

I would have loved to see the complete action, not just half of the first decision. that dialog box has a Preview button (first button in top right control panel) where you can see all the decisions at once. 

Branching is rather simple, but to see the full workflow need a lot more.  Advanced Interaction panel will show you all the interactions and to which events they are associated. I don't even know which event is used for this advanced action. 

Have a look at:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/advanced-actions-dialog-box-in-captivate-2017

http://blog.lilybiri.com/advanced-interaction-panel-q-and-a

Importance of Captivate's Events? - eLearning (adobe.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see that you are trying to execute that action on slide exit.

I might suggest tying your conditional action to a button press such as a next button.

Even if you ran that action on slide enter of the next slide you might have better results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

One of the links I offered explains all events in Captivate. 

The On Exit event should be used very sparingly because it happens AFTER leaving the last frame of a slide. That may lead to unexpected problems. Ony Pause command on Exit is safe to be used, if you have no pausing points on the slide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources