Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Conversion from swf format to html5 format

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use eLearning Suite6.1.
Until now, after creating the teaching materials, it was output in swf format.
I want to change it to HTML5 format.
and I want to change it while the ppt animation is working.
I installed the trial version and tried the HTML5 format, but the animation doesn't work.
Is there a way to change what I created in 6.1 to HTML5 format with animation?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be looking into updating your software. That version of E-learning Suite was back when Captivate 6 was the latest version.  We are currently on version 11.5 (Cp 2019) with a new version expected somewhere around the middle of next year.

Captivate's HTML5 output has come a long way since version 6 (which I think might have been the very first version to offer it). 

However, I do not think you are going to be able to import Captivate's HTML5 output into a PPT deck, which is what you appear to be asking.  Except for SWF output, I have not seen that done.

You might have to consider publishing your project to an MP4 video file and importing the animation that way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for my poor English.

I am using eLearning Suite 6.1.
Until now, after creating the teaching materials, it was output in swf format.
I want to change to HTML5 format.
I installed the trial version and tried it in HTML5 format, but the ppt animation doesn't work.
Is there a way to change ppt's animated teaching materials to HTML5 format by using the latest software created with eLearning Suite 6.1?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not only your very old version is a bad starting point, but for sure also the fact that your course is using imported PPT slides. At that moment those slides were using SWF-based slides to capture all the animations. Whether they'll be converted correctly to MP4 is questionable. Multiple users have reported serious problems with that conversion.

My recommendation would be to create the courses from scratch. You can use the assets in the Library by opening that Library as an external library in a new project. Do not use PPT import to avoid the problems I mentioned about the animations, but use Effects in Captivate to mimick them. It may look more work, but at the end could be a time saver. Set up a custom solid Theme (object styles, master slides etc). You could capture the PPT animations as video demo files and insert them either as slides or as video. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2020 Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I haven't solved it yet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources