• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cp6 - Quiz questions (changing the behaviour of the submit button - quiz numbering)

Engaged ,
Jan 25, 2013 Jan 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

This is the first time I have built an ungraded quiz (I call it a knowledge check - placed between lessons).

I have selected Multiple Choice and Graded quiz (deselected report answers in Quiz Properties).

Questions:

Is there a way to change the unintuative Quiz actions and button controls?

I want the learner to be able to click the Submit button and move on to the next question immediately (like every other assessment system I have ever seen)

Captivate's way: click submit, display whether correct or incorrect and if correct, instruct the learner to click 'Y' or anywhere to continue.

I have three sets of quiz questions (for each of the three lessons).

Is it possible to maintain quiz number separate in each lesson. Currently there are 4 questions in lesson 1, 5 in lesson 2, and 3 in lesson 3. I want lesson 1's quiz questions to display "x of 4" NOT "x of 12"

And MOST important...

The quiz results shows up ONLY on the last set of questions. I need a quiz result for each of the three sets of questions. Is this possible?

Thank you,

Shawn

TOPICS
Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 25, 2013 Jan 25, 2013

Have a look at:

http://lilybiri.posterous.com/intermediate-score-slides    for your last question

http://lilybiri.posterous.com/question-question-slides-in-captivate     for tweaking the two-step process on question slides

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't appear that it is possible to do this with Captivate 6... Doesn't anyone do end lesson knowledge checks in Captivate?

Accomplishing multiple ungraded (or graded) knowledge checks in Lectora (and RWD) was easy, partly because you are able to have multiple AU's within a single project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a look at:

http://lilybiri.posterous.com/intermediate-score-slides    for your last question

http://lilybiri.posterous.com/question-question-slides-in-captivate     for tweaking the two-step process on question slides

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes we DO have knowledge checks at the end of each lesson.  We just make each lesson a separate project file, and then either aggregate the modules, or use Multi-SCORM Packager to stitch the separate modules together.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 26, 2013 Jan 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Lieve,

Thank you for those excellent tutorials.

Hello Rod,

Using the aggregator... hmm... I haven't used that in a while but I am not certain how well an aggregate of 3 lessons will function on the kludgy AICC LMS.

Question about using the aggregator...How can I communicate between modules? (i.e. the help page via the help button) Must I duplicate the help for each of the three lessons?

I believe this is how it had to be done in the past.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 27, 2013 Jan 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aggregator is not really an option for LMS. 

You can use the SaveAndLoadData widgets from CpGuru to store variable values between modules.  But since the storage is limited to whatever you can fit into a Captivate variable, it's limited to 255 characters.  So it's not really suitable for storing an entire Help page (which would probably require text formatting as well).  I think you WOULD need to duplicate the help content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 27, 2013 Jan 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I looked at it and quickly realized that the Aggregator was not going to work for me.

Lieve's excellent tutorials are exactly what I need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources