Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crop a slide create via software simulation

New Here ,
Dec 16, 2019 Dec 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

I am new to Captivate and have created a number of FMR projects via the software simulation tool. 

The issues i am having is that my initail recordings were done on a larger screen, so i resized the projects from 1920 to 1366. After doing this i found that my highlight boxes were now moving in my demo ( from bottom to top and this was not a feature i added) and in some cases they were not aligned to the correct fields i wanted to hightlight.

The solution that makes sense to be is to crop the slide so there is no scrolling in the playback, but after searching i have not found a way to do this 

Any advice on this would be appreicated 

Cheers

Neil

TOPICS
Editing , Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please add the version and the OS you are using? Version number is to be found under Help, About Updates.

There are NO FMR projects: either you have software simulation projects, or Video Demo projects. In Software simulations, Demo mode, you an have some FMR (Full Motion Recording) slides, so I suppose you are talking about such a project? I never use that anymore since Video Demo will deliver a much higher quality result, and it is a passive simulation, so MP4 output is OK.

Before creating a simulation or a video demo, it is very important to do some preparations, one of them is to choose the right size of the project, resolution in px. You tried to downscale a project which was captured in a too high resolution, and this is indeed the result; the highlight boxes will be scaled down as well if you set up the scaling options properly, but they may be misaligned. 

There is no a way out of the box to crop the slides (that is what you should have done when choosing the size), althçugh you could use a graphical application to do so, and crop all the background images which you find in the Library. However that will not solve the problem, because the highlight boxes may still be off set.

If you don't feel up to recapture the project, move all the highlight boxes to the proper location will be the best approach. They have a separate timeline.

Have also a look at:

https://elearning.adobe.com/2019/11/software-simulations-1-preparation/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your advice - I think it may be best to redo the project,
although this will take some time

Regards
Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Think also about my recommendation to use Video Demo project instead of simulation in demo mode. The editor for Video Demo has lot of functionality, and the output quality is definitely better. I used it as start for this interactive video:

Play/Pause button

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, just an update from my side for anyone else looking into this. My big concern about redoing the project was that i had already recorded the audio, this took time and thought I'd lose it. However i found that i could export my audio from mutiple slides inot a single file, then import this into my video - saved me a few days of effort.

If anyone knows how to copy all highlighted boxes across mant slides into a single video ( along with their timings) that would be very much appreciated 

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you now doing a Video demo or software simulation, please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am doing a Video Demo, but would like to move all my highlight boxes from my software simulation ( they are acorss mutiple slides) to the video demo and then I can move these into place on the timeline - right now i am copying one by one 

I hope that makes sesne 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the video editor, you can add any static object to the video. Play the video with the play button or the spacebar. Pause the playhead when you want to insert a higlight box. Use the big button 'Objects' to insert a highlight box (hope you did read the blog post and have set up a good style for it). You can time it as you want. Lot more objects (all static) can be added. You can duplicate higlight boxes and move them with the mouse or with arrow combinations. Same for the length of the timeline. Have a look at:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/video-demo-timeline-demystified-cpvc-project

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, yes, this is exactly what i did - thank you. So what i was asking was
that instead of creating new highlighted boxes, I'd rather import the ones
I had already created in my software simulation
Regards
Neil Lennon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, that is not possible since you are in a totally different editing environment, although some elements look the same. Pan&Zoom panel is non-existent for a software simulation....just one example.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Ok thank you - good to know - thanks for all your help today
Regards
Neil Lennon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources