• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Custom Quiz Slides and results page on New Adobe Captivate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2024 Jul 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, is anyone here who created a custom quiz slide and result page for their project?
I can't seem to get a direct answer from Adobe on how it can be achieved. I am new to using Adobe Captivate, so it isn't very clear. If anyone can help me out here. Thanks

TOPICS
Advanced , Advanced actions , Editing , Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 23, 2024 Jul 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Para lograr lo que buscas debes de hacer implementación de variables en el manejo de la creación de estas slides con eso no cuentas con los términos de captivate sino con los que tú estructures y evalúes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 24, 2024 Jul 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A custom quiz slide needs to have 'scored' objects, and have the Reporting turned on with a specific score applied and added to the total quiz score. I have lot of blog posts about custom questions, but all for previous versions of Captivate, although the principles are the same.

Results slide is something different! To enable the features of a quiz (with or without custom question slides) its function is essential. Some features like Reviewing and Retaking are done using the appropriate buttons on the results slide. But moreover the transfer of data to a LMS is linked to this results slide, and the actions done on Success/Failure. That is the reason why you need that results slide, it cannot be deleted, only hidden.

However you can create a custom results slide using the quizzing system variables. It is a pity that all slide events are impossible on question and results slide (On Enter events were available in all previous Captivate versions). You need a bit more work. Have a look at this recent blog post about localising a quiz, where you'll see some custom results slide to replace or supplement the bit useless default results slide:

Quiz localisation New Captivate - part 1 - Captivate blog (lilybiri.com)

The list of system quizzing variables is missing some essential variables to make this an easier experience, sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I have been viewing a video by Paul Wilson intended for creating pre-tests that can branch to skip the course and replace the final quiz if a certain threshold is achieved. Perhaps some of the techniques shown for building the pre-test question slides (from scratch) might help.  Adobe Captivate - Have Pretest Count as Final Score (youtube.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That Paul Wilson Captivate Classic video isn't applicable because the OP wants info about new Captivate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you at least read my answers, I have ready your question more closely and know that any Captivate Classic blog post or passive video will not be able to help you with this problem. Too much has changed and too many deprecation of quiz features in the new version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It wasn't my question and I was not responding to your answer. I was just pointing out that the original user was asking about New Captivate and that Paul's video was about Captivate Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies. I misread the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem. New Captivate is a dumpster fire.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2024 Jul 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have New Captivate also. Its definitely not ready for primetime.

I get more done using Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources