• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Custom User Variables

New Here ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm able to pull a name and student ID from our LMS but can I pull an employee ID?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The two user variables created in each project will pull the ID and the name of the learner. If the employee has a similar account that should be possible as well. But I don't know what you mean exactly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The LMS may not necessarily be using the same ID for the student as the company's HR software system uses as their employee ID.  You would need to check.  But in any case, Captivate's user variables are only grabbing the data that is provided by the LMS to identify the student when they log on. 

If the employee ID is also advertised by the LMS, the only way to find that out would be to ask the technical staff that have deep knowledge of your LMS.  If they can give you the exact way the LMS is doing it, you might be able to grab the variable data from the user's session via JavaScript.  But I would be doubtful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources