• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Delay in passing from one random question to another.

New Here ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the end of a course, we carry out a test of 10 random questions, chosen from 14 possible ones. This is how we have set it up: creating a collection of 14 questions and inserting 10 random question slides relative to this pool. When running the project, when the questions are answered and Submit button is pressed, there is a 3-4 second delay before displaying the next question, which is frustrating. We've done a test with 10 linear non-random questions and this delay does not occur.

Can the delay be removed?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Did you keep the defautl setup for the quiz slides? You could drag the pausing point near to the end of the slide, or eventually change the actions to 'Go to Next Slide' instead of 'Continue'.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you keep the defautl setup for the quiz slides? You could drag the pausing point near to the end of the slide, or eventually change the actions to 'Go to Next Slide' instead of 'Continue'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks. This is the solution we tried and it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like you just need to set your quiz action for your Success and Last Attempt to "Go to the next slide".....that will make it sing right along.......

helpshot.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mentioned this as well, but when working with many learners taking a course simultaneously this can lead to problems (as I experienced in college). That is the reason I prefer the alternative: to drag the pausing point near to the end of the quiz slide to shorten the 'inactive' part of the slide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lilybiri, I found your reply above interesting, as I've been using Captivate since 2005 and I've never had any issue with quiz question submit buttons going to the next slid....ever that I can recall.  I'm also very aware of the sliding of pause points on buttons too.  Anyhow, I'd be greatly appricative of knowing what issues you have experienced in college with a quiz submit button that moves to the next slide. It is for sure an issue that I've never heard of nor have I experience in the 1000s of projects I and my team have built over the years.  Thanks for all that you do for the ole CP community too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happened during assessments, where about 60 students were participating at the same time. Due to probably the 'age' of some switches in the college, data on some quiz slides were not transferred to the LMS.  I use Captivate since version 1 (Macromedia), which will be a little before you.  Keeping the pausing point a little bit before the end of the quiz slides solved the problem. That is the reason I mention both methods. It is possible that it only happens in situations like I described. Do remember that Captivate is also used in some countries where the transfer speed is a lot lower than we are used to in North America or in Europe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice to meet someone else who used Captivate 1!  Ole Captivate has come a long way from version 1! I don't meet many folks who used Captivate 1`...before that I used Dirctor and others....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sure, I dabbled with Authorware...

Indeed, Captivate has come a long way. I have never been bored with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources