• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Did Adobe ever supply a wizard to scan Captivate projects for Flash components or publish settngs?

New Here ,
Apr 25, 2022 Apr 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did Adobe ever supply a wizard to scan Captivate projects for Flash components or publish settings?

History:  Adobe wrote a piece of software for my company to identify what versions of Captivate we had for almost 2000 projects, so I know they can interrogate project files for various criteria.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Project, HTML5 Tracker, will show you all SWF components and other features incompatible with HTML output. First place to check. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought HTML tracker only showed non-compatible HTML features like hover etc.

I think I had to look in the library for SWF videos and other SWF related objects.

Even then, there were Adobe developer created SWF objects as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also would love to see a tool that told me what my publish settings are in a project because Captivate 2019 still has options to publish in SWF as well as HTML5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had hoped that this would be fixed by an update. Personally I have not used publishing to SWF since about 6 years. Once you set up the Publishing dialog box correctly it will remain in that setup until you change it.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is not true, SWF objects will be indicated by the tracker.  Use always Preview HTML in Browser as test: SWF objects will not appear.

You may be confused by the fact that some learning interactions are based on SWF technology but are made compatible with HTML output. Same for the FMR slides in software simulations which used to be FLV (SWF technology) but are now conversed to MP4 on publishing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources