• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Digital learning

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a project on captivate which has two buttons one for next and another for a glossary page with pictures relating to that slide. The setting of the back button on the gloss page is to return to which slide it relates to, when you click this button it takes you back to that page but you have to restart that whole page over again. 

Is there a way in which you can start off from where you left the page before clicking the glossary button?

TOPICS
Getting started , Project upgrade , Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many details are missing in your question, so lot of my answer is based on guessing.

I suspect you use the command 'Go to Last Visited Slide'? 

Since you seem to have a lot going on on the slides, because you say 'you have to restart that whole page over again',  to give you a complete answer it is necessary to know what is going on. I could suggest to remember the frame instead of the slide using a user variable and go back to that frame with an advanced action. For that type of navigation I am used to call it 'micro-navigation'. However that may not be sufficient. Just one example: if you use multistate objects, and states have changed, it depends on the setup 'Retain state on revisiting' if those changes will be kept.

FYI An intro to micro-navigation: 

http://blog.lilybiri.com/micro-navigation-introduction

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THank you for your help, the command was jump to slide then which ever number it was

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the Back button on the Glossary slide, that cannot be that absolute command at all.

Please give also answers to the other questions if you would like real help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had a look at the guide and folloed it but it still isnt working to what I need it to do. when you click the button to return to the silde it is still starting from the start rather from where I left off from when i left that slide?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You need to give some more details! Try to check the value of cpInfoCurrentFrame by inserting that system variable in a text container timed for the rest of the project. Is it updating to the correct frame number?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources