• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Disable fast forward in video slide

Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have created a Captivate training where a video is inserted as one of the slides. We would like to ensure that the learner watches the entire video without fast-forwarding. Is there a way to disable the scroll bar or fast forward when you insert a video? Or is there another way to do this?

I am using Captivate 2019.

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe with JS. An easy solution would be to hide the playbar on this slide (using the On Enter event) and show it on the next slide. Personally I never use a playbar at all. But neither do I like forcing adult learners to 'view', even if they close their eyes or don't really watch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you need to have fast forward enabled for other parts of the course?  If so, this is a possible solition:

The scroll bar can be disabled by using Rod Ward's cp extra and using the disable playbar scrubbing feature.

for controlling the fast forward or next buttons:

Execute the javascript to hide the buttons you wish on enter:

document.getElementById("Forward").style="display:none";

document.getElementById("FastForward").style="display:none";

Then on exit: 

document.getElementById("Forward").style="display:";

document.getElementById("FastForward").style="display:";

Depending on your controls, they might not alighn perfectly after you hide then show.

Another option is stop using the captivate controls and use your own within all projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to add a question here: 

@ChrisG LMS  you said, you could use your own controls within the project. I was wondering: Is it possible to insert a playbar for each slide? I would like to let my users fast forward or backward as flexible as they want. 

My entire course consists of video slides. But so far, I only managed to insert the "global" playbar that would allow them to move through the entire project, which is not helpful considering there are about 80 video slides and you never manage to just fast forward 2 minutes or so. 

Any suggestions on this issue? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can create a playbar for each slide this way:

Create the graphics to represent the progress such as a line and a smartshape circle starting on the left hand side of the line.  Set the animation of the smartshape to go from left to right and use show/hide path to set it to end at the end of the "timeline" line.

To skip ahead you can use the following window.cpAPIInterface.setVariableValue("cpCmndGotoFrameAndResume",cpInfoCurrentFrame+800);

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. I will try that!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources