• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Disappointed in Captivate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a new coputer using updated windows 10, Nvidia Quadro 2000, 64G of RAM and 4 TB of soid state drive capacity.

Captivate shuts down every time I try to use screen capture via 'Video Demo'. I have tried everything,,. start up as Admin, dumping Logitech software, Adobe Tech support could not fix it either, opting to tell me to disconnect two of the four monitors I have on my system, and when that did not work she had me call Windows tech support to back out of my latest window updates which as it turns out is a grinding and risky process of resetting my system shutting down and rebooting my computer 3 times and THEN working in safe mode, etc....

My question is, why would anyone spend over $1K for software that requires disassembling my system and erasing Windows updates?

The tech says it has something to do with a KERNEL being bad. She would not help me fix it.

I really want to use the software, but not at that cost, all that work, not being able to update my Windows 'ever' and having to have two of my monitors offline. This is stupid!!!!

Anyone have any ideas or thoughts on this? Every time I hit the Video Demo button and 'Create" the software creashes.

I am so disappointed in Adobe. I have an Adobe Creative Cloud membership with all 9 apps.... and normally the software works well. Why not Captivate and why isnt it included in the creative cloud membership? Is it because it doesnt work? Why so expensive if Adobe cannot solve these compatability issues? Seems to have a lot of them base on other forums I have read about this software. Noe exactly great reviews. I used Camtasia's screen capture software and what a smooth program. Works easily and intuitively. But doesnt have e-learn tools. Shame. Maybe Camtasia and Adobe ought to have a cup of coffee together and consider a merge.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you also use OBS Studio?

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Paul, 

So kind of you to take interest in my problem. Yes, I use Intensity Pro from Black Magic which is a capture card plugged into my motherboard. https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/intensitypro4k 

Do you think I need to unplug the hardware or remove the driver and associated software? All of the above or just some.... etc?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fyi this is the event manager error info for this problem that prompted the Adobe tech to tell me I needed to roll back my windows program updates. I dont think she knows for sure if that will work. Its a lot of work to do for something that is not a sure thing. I have no reset point saved to use to go back to before that last few updates either. 

I disabled the Intensity Pro card using my device manager and it did not help. 

S~

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Faulting application name: AdobeCaptivate.exe, version: 11.5.1.499, time stamp: 0x5d42e02b
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.18362.1139, time stamp: 0xa8b891f5
Exception code: 0xe06d7363
Fault offset: 0x0000000000043b29
Faulting process id: 0x8fc
Faulting application start time: 0x01d6c8542e5aa8da
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Captivate 2019 x64\AdobeCaptivate.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: ad2f48bb-5366-4101-9caf-332bebfe40b7
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not normal behaviour for Captivate to give this kind of issue.  Paul's post indicates he's probably thinking the same thing I am. You have a software driver conflict.  If you have OBS installed (which is also a capture software) then the two capture tools (Captivate and OBS) are probably fighting over who gets right of way.

Since OBS is free, why don't you just uninstall it and then reinstall Captivate to see if that resolves the issue? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I've found that when I have OBS installed, Adobe Captivate Video Demo doesn't work. It crashes when I attempt to use that feature. Like me, I suggest you report this issue to Adobe's but report tool. I find that Adobe is very responsive to correcting these issues when enough people bring it to their attention.
Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources