• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does "remote access" work to capture Software simulations

Explorer ,
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The software I want to create the demo and assessment for is on a different computer, and I can't get them on the same computer.

The software is located on a computer with internet access.  Would using "go to my pc" or other remote access software work?

It's the only way I can think of to have both programs on one computer.

I'm a newbie, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Would you be able to install a trial version of Captivate on that computer and take your screen shots with that?  Then you could bring the CPTX file created with the trial version over to your own computer and open it with your fully licensed Captivate version.

Make sure that the trial version is not a higher version of Captivate than the one you will be using to later edit the project file other wise you won't be able to open it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you be able to install a trial version of Captivate on that computer and take your screen shots with that?  Then you could bring the CPTX file created with the trial version over to your own computer and open it with your fully licensed Captivate version.

Make sure that the trial version is not a higher version of Captivate than the one you will be using to later edit the project file other wise you won't be able to open it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!  I didn't think about doing that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2018 Sep 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did it work Donna? I'm about to try the same thing...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 11, 2018 Sep 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be honest, I never tried.  After someone suggested downloading a trial adobe captivate onto the computer in question, I didn't have to worry about remote access.

Best of luck,

Donna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2018 Sep 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Captivate 2019 and a local Windows machine with FortiClient to connect to the remote Windows machine via VPN with Remote Desktop Connection. Using Software Simulation (Demo), I can capture everything except typing (so it seems) on the Application Area. Mouse clicks and highlight boxes work, but all of the captions say the same thing "Click on the active window" or something like that. I don't prefer those anyway - so I just delete them. The Screen Capture shortcut key (which I think defaults to the PrtScn button) does not work when viewing the remote machine. I get around this by simply clicking on the screen someplace when I need a new capture (and later deleting the mouse click). I was very relieved to find out this works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rod's suggestion is the way to go. If  you can't/are not allowed to install any software on the target PC , then you could use Remote Desktop, VNC or similar tool to remotely log in and record that window on your Captivate laptop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2018 Feb 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes right, it's help me with Litemanager Remote Desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you experienced issues with recording audio voice overs when doing this?  At my organization, several IDs are having issues recording audio when remoting into their desktop.  We are running old versions of Captivate 6.1,  We don't have additional licenses to add to the one laptop we have, and don't like to record from our workstations as the background noise is very loud.

Any suggestions are appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources