Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Double click not working after state change

Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a a slide as part of a software simulation where the user should double click on a certain spot. I have tried using a button and  a smart shape. In both cases, I "hid" the box, not by using the eye, but I changed the opacity and the frame width to zero. I then created a custom state with a red 2 point frame. I created an advanced interaction that changes the state from normal to the custom state if the user does not click in the correct spot after two tries.

All of the slides with a single click work with no problem. On the slide where I need the user to double click, it will work if they initially double click in the correct spot, but if they do not and the state changes, the double click does not work.

Any ideas?

What I have done so far.

• I have moved that object to the top of the timeline.
  • I have the object pausing the slide halfway through (1.5s)

Screenshot to see if that helps.

screen1.png

The question is, what is causing the double click not to work?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2022 Sep 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever find a solution to this? I'm facing the same issue and looking for some help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 03, 2022 Oct 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont have a solution, but we too have had a lot of issues with state changes and trying to trigger them with actions. So much so, we don't use them any more, we place multiple objects in the timeline and use show/hide. Most of the reported issues with state changes are when users are viewing our lessons with iPads, with either a browser or with the LMS app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 03, 2022 Oct 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, didn't have time to explore this problem. The Normal state has more features than other states. Example: only the Normal state can have hyperlinks. I wonder if what you detected is due to the same origin?  However I cannot answer to your question about 'what is causing the.....'.  I may need to add this information to the blog:

https://blog.lilybiri.com/button-states-basics-and-tips

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources