• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drag and drop interactions not working on iPad

Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone - I've found that all of a sudden, none of my drag and drop interactions are working on iPads. They have always worked on iPads before. I am using HTML5, and the latest IOS on a 2nd-generation iPad Pro. My Captivate version is the 2019 release with all the latest updates.

The interactions are working totally fine on desktop PC. There is nothing that unusual about the interactions - they are pretty standard and have always worked before on both iPad and PC. 

When I say that the interactions are not working, what I mean is that none of the drag objects can be dragged at all - you just can't pick them up or drag them anywhere. The slide displays fine with all the drag objects in their initial positions but it's as if the interaction is not there. 

If anyone has any idea why this might suddenly be happening, or any advice at all to give, that would be very much appreciated.

TOPICS
Advanced , Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should add that since the last comment, I have set up an entirely fresh course in Captivate, with only three slides and one extremely basic drag-and-drop interaction. The same problem occurs on my iPad - the drag-and-drop interaction just isn't working at all. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2019 Dec 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We had the same issue with drag and drop interactions suddenly stop working on the iPad in Safari.Exactly as you describe everything was working fine on modules that had been published and untouched for months. Then out of nowhere you can't pick anything up to drag it.

They still seem to work in Chrome for the iPad but not in Safari. We think it might be related to upgrading to iOS 13.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2019 Dec 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for replying. It's good to know I am not the only one having this problem. Hopefully it might be sorted in a future iOS 13 update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I'm having this problem in 2020! Did you ever get it resolved. Bit of a deal breaker for me if it can't work on Safari.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You might want to go into the settings for the Safari App and turn off the setting for request desktop website.

This will allow Safari to use the mobile settings and drag and drop should function.

At least it does for me.

Stagprime_0-1590754478370.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources