Exit

Duplicate Randomised Questions from a pool of questions

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI All
Complete noob here having just completed the Virtual training from Adobe 🙂
I am currently creatinga quiz using multiple Question Pools but i am seeing duplicate questions from a same pool.
Scenario 
I have a pool of 16 matching questions 
I set up my quiz to have 6 randomised slides
But i can get 4 uniques and get one uplicated to two slides..

Is this a normal thing??
if so then does this not make Question Pools and Randomising Questions pointless as someone could in theory get the same quest 6 times!

Any direction would be great 🙂

Gary

TOPICS
Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 20, 2021 Nov 20, 2021

That normally never happens, unless you have less quiz slides in the pool than the number of random slides you inserted in the project.

Avoid duplication or copy/paste for quiz slides, even in a question pool. Do not duplicate random slides neither. In a basic training I always recommend to split up formatting from content for quiz slides (whether in a pool or not) using:

• GIFT or CSV import for the content
  • Editing the Quiz object styles and the quizzing master slides for the formatting

Random

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you created these 16 question slides, did you happen to use Duplicate to create new ones instead of starting each one from scratch?

If so, check each question assigned in your Question Pools to see if perhaps you have the same question in more than one Pool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2021 Nov 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @RodWard 
I did start each question slide as a new one in the question pool by 'clicking' the + to add a new one.
The reason I set up pools was to seperate out different question types so i know i haven't duplicated questions.

But when you say Duplicate do you mean in the main quiz slide view?
If so no i didn't do that either 😞

Gary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That normally never happens, unless you have less quiz slides in the pool than the number of random slides you inserted in the project.

Avoid duplication or copy/paste for quiz slides, even in a question pool. Do not duplicate random slides neither. In a basic training I always recommend to split up formatting from content for quiz slides (whether in a pool or not) using:

• GIFT or CSV import for the content
  • Editing the Quiz object styles and the quizzing master slides for the formatting

Random quiz slides have some limitations. I tried to bundle them in a blog post:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/random-questions-dos-and-donts

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Lilybiri 
Thank you for the response 🙂
Funnily emough i justed utilised one of you blogs for pass/fail audio playing so thank you for that little gem 🙂

I also came across your post last night that you have linked to..
This made me go back and start again as your advice was great and enlightening.
I will keep my post open as not solved until i complete the rework of my quiz 🙂

again thanks for responding 
Gary 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gary, thanks for appreciating some blogs, most users only look at videos nowadays. 

I really want to know what caused the issues you described, Quizzes are one of the main topics on my blog, always eager to learn more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Lilybiri 
it was as you said a combination of new user and duplicating.
I actual followed you direction a used gift expoert/imports and that has cured the issue.
Thank you for the support 🙂

Gary
Of to create another post now lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad it has been solved!

If you want more reading stuff, this blog has a pdf with links to most of my quizzing blog posts:

Quiz Resources - eLearning (adobe.com)

It is from december 2020, maybe I'll need to update it again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources