• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

English to Spanish Translation

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2008 Apr 08, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to convert an English-language module created in Captivate to Spanish. Is there a smart way to do this other than to completely recreate the module in Captivate (Spanish version)?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi pkaim

If all you care about is localizing the added Text Captions and other textual elements of Captivate, you have a couple of options.

In all cases, I would think the first step would be to click File > Save As... and save as the Spanish version.

If you have Captivate 3, you could click File > Export > To XML... and localize the XML file. Then you would reverse the process by taking the localized XML file and click File > Import > From XML... and pull in the localized XML file.

If you have Captivate any version, you could click File > Export > Project Captions and Closed Captions. This would create a Microsoft Word document. You could then localize the Word document and import it back into Captivate.

If you also have to re-capture screen captures (because the interface is also in Spanish) then you may be better off starting over. But it depends on what is involved.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick

Thanks for the info. I have a 1-hour module that is made up of FLVs, text, knowledge reviews, tests and still photos. I will need to translate all of the text (the entire UI needs to be translated along with the course content), the reviews and tests.

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh yeah ... forgot to mention that I have the latest version of Captivate (Captivate 3).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 26, 2009 Apr 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Latest version is Captivate 4, and editing Captions has been made more fluent, using editing in place. I'm translating quite a lot of CP-files, using Export/Import Text Captions as described by Captiv8r. Since I'm always using an English version of software, as well for Dutch and French-speaking students, I do not have to recapture all of the slides if you are talking about software simulations. If captures have to be translated I just record those slides again, or sometimes use Photoshop to edit a background. Just some tips from Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources