• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error message "F" using Menu Builder

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2006 Apr 19, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created two movies, saved them as .cp files and also exported them as EXE files. I inserted the the EXE versions as Items into a MenuBuilder project. I save that project as an .mpg file and exported it as an EXE file as well. What I wanted to do was send this project as an e-mail to an associate. When they open it (Lotus Notes) they get a pop-up box that is labeled "Error" and the only description is the letter F. An OK click box closes the pop-up. My question is, can I send an exe movie in an exe proejct so a user can run it without having to access an .swf file? any help is appreciated, thanks!
TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 19, 2006 Apr 19, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi afoss0001@wowway.com

The reason for the F error sounds like you only shipped a single file. The MenuBuilder .EXE file. From what you are describing, it sounds like you are fundamentally misunderstanding how these work. The .EXE produced from MenuBuilder will not include the other Captivate movies inside it. You must ship those as well. So you E-Mail the three .EXE files, your user saves them all to the same folder, then the MenuBuilder should work.

Hopefully this helps... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources